Caribbean Princess-time change

VOLEYMOM

cruising in February western carribbean out of Houston, central standard time. is Cozumel in that time zone??

It used to be, but earlier this year it changed to EST.

It does not go to daylight savings time at all, so when Houston is in daylight savings time, it will have the same time as Cozumel.

When Houston is on CST, it will be an hour behind Cozumel.

At both Cozumel and Costa Maya, departure times are 5pm which means 4pm local time which, in the case or Cozumel means leaving the beach at around 2.45 local time.

The bottom line is that it transpires we were looking at five day cruise with two destinations and both destinations having having a 4pm local time departure.

No Thank You. Not for us.

Your reasoning may be right, but someone needs to be reminded that this is a service industry where the golden rule is: 'customers make pay days possible'.

Maybe that's why the cruise I was watching on 13th December is still less than 20% sold with just 3 months to go.

You think because they don't change the clocks you are short changed time on the island. The ship is there the same amount of time if the clock is 1 hour ahead or stays the same. I prefer they don't change the clocks as it has no effect on anything. I have a watch and when I look at it and it says 3:00 pm, thats the ships time. I don't care what time it is in the port. Whats the problem, they tell you to stay on ships time. Simple anyone with a brain can do that. I guess you wouldn't like to be on the same cruise with me because I like to keep things simple and I'm not well traveled according to you . I know i wouldn't want to be on the same cruise with you. You think your better then other people, because you know how to change your watch. Stay in the UK, I find you disgusting also, to judge people the way you do.