Royal - angled balcony question

LoriPhil

We're eager to book a 10 day southern on the Royal. We're looking at a mid -ship mini (B410), but are wondering if there is a wind issue on the angled balcony facing slightly forward. Love to sit on the balcony and with lots of sea days, don't want to be chased inside by wind.

Help! And thanks

Edited by LoriPhil

We're eager to book a 10 day southern on the Royal. We're looking at a mid -ship mini (B410), but are wondering if there is a wind issue on the angled balcony facing slightly forward. Love to sit on the balcony and with lots of sea days, don't want to be chased inside by wind.

Help! And thanks

Hi - I was in B409 last November on the Royal - same position on the starboard side. I loved it!! Yes - you get wind because it is the first forward facing extended balcony, but it was never too strong for me, and we were skirting a storm and had some days with good breezes. The view forward was fantastic and well worth a few ruffled hairs. I think this is one of the best locations on the ship and have booked B-410 on the Regal.

If it is quite windy, you could probably position the loungers near the slider - still have a view but a little sheltered.

Have a great cruise.

P.S. I just looked through my photos - I have some that show the location of the stateroom/balcony. I can't figure out how to post them on CC, but if you are comfortable posting your email here, I can send to you.

Edited by MarKay525

Back from a weekend down at Colorado Springs and was so pleased to read your responses, which really helped - I think we'll keep this cabin and look forward to a wonderful time exploring this this ship. MarKay - Phil indicated he's fine with just the photo Pam posted, but thanks so much for the offer.

Happy sailing all!

Glad to get this response too as we have C410 booked for the spring TA, and I was hoping that it wouldn't get too windy and that we'd have good views forward. Love the angled balconies on the Royal!

Just found this post - beautiful shots of the Royal sailing out of Port Everglades earlier this year. Should give you a better idea of the exposure/views for the first forward-facing balcony. (starboard side) Happy sailing to all.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41359316&postcount=1

• 2 weeks later...
We are in a mini B408 on the Royal next month. Is the balcony to the rear of us stick out very far and create a problem with the view? I'm sure that forward is fine but can you look back or is it just a balcony divider wall?

Dave Walker took this photo - it shows the last extended balcony rather than the first, but it will give you an idea of the view toward the adjacent extended balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40931296&postcount=634

MarKay, we are on the Regal in a couple of months and have one of these extended balconies. We are under the bar instead of the walkway. Can you see down onto the balconies from the bar?

Brian

Dave Walker is my go-to-guy for excellent photos. This one shows the extended balconies under the bar. There are small windows in the bar floor, but apparently people don't stand and stare through them. We'll be under the bar on Baja deck in November and I'm not worried about Peeping Toms.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40867039&postcount=261

• 4 years later...

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I am hoping one of you will see my question.  We are taking a cruise to Alaska on the Royal Princess in September in cabin B408.  I see that a couple of you sailed in that cabin and I am wondering if privacy is an issue on the balcony with the angled balcony right next door.  Can they easily see into B408's balcony from next door?  Thanks for any help or advice you can give. 

Congrats on Alaska!  As I recall we didn’t really see into the adjacent balcony.  Probably have some visibility if you lean over and look but it would be limited to the front area.  we loved the spaciousness and would happily book the cabin again.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your response. Were you in the more spacious angled balcony or the one next to it?  I guess I am concerned that those in the larger angled balcony will be able to see into our balcony, B408, which is straight. I hope that makes sense.  Thanks again for you help. 

Yup, makes perfect sense!  We had the large angled balcony.  We usually kept back from the rail when sailing because the angled next to you caught the winds if we were up close.  In port I never remember looking over,but I’m guessing it’s not too intrusive.  And remember - if they can see you, they realize you are looking at them so privacy is usually maintained.  😎

we loved Enclave by the way - great retreat with much better hours than Sanctuary!

• Thanks 1