Oasis / Allure Cabins Deck 8 Oceanview Category F forwardfacing

Sultan84

Is there anyone who has been in one of the oceanview cabins (categroy F) facing forward on Oasis or Allure on deck 8? I think they are a bit bigger than other oceanview cabins, but I am not sure. The view must be great, but I am a bit worried about movement.

Thank you for your thoughts, comments, pictures

Yes these rooms are deeper by about 4 feet. There are plenty of pics if you google these rooms. The view is nice, but not direct ocean view.

I just got off the ship and am sitting at the airport. There was no difference in movement that I could feel in this area. We had calm seas all week. Very quiet area of the ship. I would recommend these rooms, but you will need to keep your blinds closed at night at the request of the bridge.

Enjoy

I haven't on deck 8 but I have on deck 9 on Allure. The view was amazing and I honestly felt no more movement than I did being in 2 other locations on Allure on different cruises. Of course, this could be because it was a smooth sailing?!

It was very warm in the room as the sun seemed to be constantly on the window but keeping the curtains closed (which you have to do at night anyway) helped with this. My stateroom attendant got someone to come and check the AC and gave me a fan for the week too. It was very quiet down there too as no many people go past. I would recommend these rooms to anyone.

This was the view from 9108:

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t591/joanna2208/P1010833_zps9a2b54d7.jpg

This was the room taken standing with my back to the window. I had decorations up for my birthday too (please excuse the mess!):

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t591/joanna2208/P1010828_zps7428e2c5.jpg

Thanks for the info and the pictures. When I google these cabins there are too many different versions., so in the end it is not posible to know which are the corect pictures.

Do you remember if the porthole is round or square?

I am really glad to hear that these are quite cabins. I hope the curtains can stay open at night when the light is off inside.

Thanks for the info and the pictures. When I google these cabins there are too many different versions., so in the end it is not posible to know which are the corect pictures.

Do you remember if the porthole is round or square?

I am really glad to hear that these are quite cabins. I hope the curtains can stay open at night when the light is off inside.

No problem at all.

On Oasis/Allure, the window is a rectangle shape. On Freedom class (and probably others) it is a round window. This can also be confirmed by looking at front shots of the ships.

Yes, I loved having the curtain open in the evening - just make sure there is absolutely no light on in the cabin.

Edited by jo24