Check in question

minaq2

Ok let me say this first! This is only our second cruise, so I am still a newbie.:D Last year the Hubby and I cruised on the Breeze and fell in love so we decided to bring along our children and in laws for our next cruise. This time, we're sailing the Sunshine in exactly 9 days and I'm not familiar with the whole process of dropping off, checking in and off site parking with a group. My husband and father in law are planning to drop us and all bags at the terminal, then going to park the car at an off site parking lot about 5 mintues away from the terminal. My question is, while waiting at the terminal, can we start our check in process and have them added to our party once they arrive; or do we need to wait for them so we can all be in the same boarding zone?

Ok let me say this first! This is only our second cruise, so I am still a newbie.:D Last year the Hubby and I cruised on the Breeze and fell in love so we decided to bring along our children and in laws for our next cruise. This time, we're sailing the Sunshine in exactly 9 days and I'm not familiar with the whole process of dropping off, checking in and off site parking with a group. My husband and father in law are planning to drop us and all bags at the terminal, then going to park the car at an off site parking lot about 5 mintues away from the terminal. My question is, while waiting at the terminal, can we start our check in process and have them added to our party once they arrive; or do we need to wait for them so we can all be in the same boarding zone?

I think it depends. If you printed the one boarding pass that includes everyone on the same sheet of paper, I think you have to wait for them before entering. If you printed individuals, you could go ahead and have them check in on their own. I don't know if you'll run into a bit of difficulty if you all planned on using the same credit card for s&s.

As far as boarding zones, if you did checkin separately and got a significantly lower boarding number, theres really nothing stopping the men from just leaving their zone number on a chair and entering with you anyway.

I'd probably just wait for them return and just all go through together. Especially if you are carrying your allotted wine or soda. You don't want it to appear you are taking more than allowed because you have it all and your hubby is no where to be found.

I think it depends. If you printed the one boarding pass that includes everyone on the same sheet of paper, I think you have to wait for them before entering. If you printed individuals, you could go ahead and have them check in on their own. I don't know if you'll run into a bit of difficulty if you all planned on using the same credit card for s&s.

As far as boarding zones, if you did checkin separately and got a significantly lower boarding number, theres really nothing stopping the men from just leaving their zone number on a chair and entering with you anyway.

I'd probably just wait for them return and just all go through together. Especially if you are carrying your allotted wine or soda. You don't want it to appear you are taking more than allowed because you have it all and your hubby is no where to be found.

Ok, makes sense. I didn't even think about the soda part. Thank you!