Wine corkage fee in stateroom

LakeErieLive

New to Norwegian, going on the Gem on the 20th. Reading rules and regs says we can bring wine aboard but says they charge a corkage fee if used in restaurants and then says in stateroom too. In the past we brought wine aboard and there was no corkage fee if opened in our stateroom.....and how would they. Another question is whether we can bring wine aboard in the ports we visit or just on embarkation.

New to Norwegian, going on the Gem on the 20th. Reading rules and regs says we can bring wine aboard but says they charge a corkage fee if used in restaurants and then says in stateroom too. In the past we brought wine aboard and there was no corkage fee if opened in our stateroom.....and how would they. Another question is whether we can bring wine aboard in the ports we visit or just on embarkation.

The corkage is paid as you go through security. Once it's paid, you can drink your wine wherever you like.

If you try and sneak it on (they will be xraying your luggage) and if they see wine in your suitcase, they will hold your suitcase for you to come to pick it up and pay the corkage.

Just got off the Sun. Boarded in Whittier, AK. Security, of course, directed us to the person collecting the wine bottle fee-around the corner. Could have easily walked right by him, but did the honest thing and paid for my one bottle of wine. They included a wine opener (had one packed in my luggage). Wonder how many people did what I thought about doing...just sayin...if they are going through the trouble of scanning my carry-on and telling me to pay the fee, why don't they "walk" you over there to be sure you are charged? Had I known how tight the slot machines were going to be, I would have gone with my first instinct!

Corkage is $15 per 750ml bottle of wine, and is charged when you bring it on board. You can bring wine on in port and is also subject to the fee.

When you buy wine or spirits in port, they ask you about that. If you are buying it to take home, they will keep the bottle and give it back to you on the last night of the cruise -- and they do NOT charge corkage.

Just got off the Sun. Boarded in Whittier, AK. Security, of course, directed us to the person collecting the wine bottle fee-around the corner. Could have easily walked right by him, but did the honest thing and paid for my one bottle of wine. They included a wine opener (had one packed in my luggage). Wonder how many people did what I thought about doing...just sayin...if they are going through the trouble of scanning my carry-on and telling me to pay the fee, why don't they "walk" you over there to be sure you are charged? Had I known how tight the slot machines were going to be, I would have gone with my first instinct!

On the Getaway last week they were walking everyone's wine to the table. However our last day was a port day and was able to walk rum straight on and take to our room.