Carnival Dream

megamoo

Looking at the Carnival Dream for summer of 2015.

Which is the better itinerary/better ports out of the following two and why:

Montego Bay, Jamaica / Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands / Cozumel, Mexico

or

Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan / Belize / Cozumel, Mexico

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks.

We did the latter of your choices last year for our honeymoon on the Conquest, before being switched with the Dream. We couldn't have asked for a better time with the choices of ports. All three were absolutely beautiful ports, and offered their own excitement. In my opinion, Roatan was just stunning, we did a lot of touring through the village on a van and our guide showed us everything from spectacular views of the coral reef to a restaurant where we tried iguana meat. I'm a history buff so touring the Mayan ruins in Cozumel were high on my list of fav things we did as well.

Now we are cruising the Dream this Sunday for the first itinerary you listed. We figured it would be great to experience a different ship and two new ports. My hubby has been to Grand Cayman and Jamaica already and says that I might be even more impressed than our last itinerary. I'm sure it won't matter to me because its our anniversary and I'm just glad to be going lol. So I don't think you could go wrong with either, I think they would both be excellent choices in my opinion. 😊

We have been on the Montego Bay, Jamaica / Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands / Cozumel, Mexico 3 times and loved it. There are a lot of great shore excursions for Jamaica and Cayman. We are going on the Dream next month on the Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan / Belize / Cozumel, Mexico

itinerary mainly because we have been on the other so many times and we have not been on one of the large ships yet.

We have been to both multiple time and each in the last two months. Both are great iteneraries with great excursions. If I had to choose one it would be Jamaica and Grand Cayman. We cruise a lot and without a doubt my favorite excursion by far is swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman and my second is climbing Dunn's river in Jamaica. Having said that, a lot of people do NOT like Jamaica because of thoughts about their safety. We have been at least 9-10 times and never had a problem. The natives are persistent trying to get you to buy their goods, but just walk on by, stay in the RECCOMENDED areas and you should have no problems. We just back from Roatan and Belize two weeks ago and had a great time as well. Hope you have a great cruise.

Thank you for all your replies.

Is there any shopping and/or sight seeing next to where you dock in Belize where you can walk to when you get off the ship?

Any suggestions on excursions to do in Belize?

Thanks

There many shops and restaurants as soon as you get off the port in Belize. That port was actually my favorite, shopping wise. We really enjoy touring the city vs. scheduled excursions so can't really help you there but our tour guide was such a treat, he kept us entertained with as much history as he did comedy.

The Dream is a beautiful ship. Great amenities and staff! Back in August we went to Montego Bay, Grand Caymen and Cozumel, MX. It was a great trip and GC and Cozumel were my favorite. When we returned from our trip last month, I was sad to get off the Dream.

Once we got home, I booked another cruise on her twin(Magic) for spring break(3/29-4/5/15) sailing out of Galveston. I'm looking forward to this cruise because it's going to Cozumel, Belize and Mohagany Bay(Honduras). You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our last cruise on the Magic was to Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel. if you do that one, i highly recommend Little French Key in Honduras!! book directly from the website, not through Carnival. If we were to go back to Belize, we'll stay on the ship.

Our next cruise on the Dream is to Jamaica, GC, and Cozumel.