Renting a tux or suit on the ship

suzy5565

My husband rented from this service, but he did so prior to the cruise: http://www.cruiselineformal.com/ Princess provides this link in their advertising, but I think they serve all the major cruise lines. The cost for a tux with two different colored cummerbund/tie combinations was around $90. I'm not sure if you can just rent separates. Check out the link. We were happy with the service.

I brought and wore a suit on my first cruise (Princess grand). I'd guess that only about 30% - 40% of the men in the dinign rooms wore tuxes on the formal nights (I'm sure some just stayed casual and went to the buffet). But I really wished that I had a tux once I got there.

The $85 rental is not so bad considering that includes the tie, cummerbund and two shirts but I've seen on-line packages that include all of that AND the cufflinks set as well (only on shirt in the packages but an extra shirt is $20 if you shop around).

I plan to buy a tux on-lin for this trip as I expect to cruise every other year moving forward and prefer to have my own. Also - is it safe to assume that the rental tuxes are ployester and have the "telescoping" sleeves typical of rental wear?

I found this place

http://www.suitsandtux.com/tux.html

that offers a 100% worsted wool tux for $150 - about $30 cheaper than the competition for all wool. Have any of you seen their product and can attest to the quality level? By the way... if there's a Syms store in your area (they're kind of like Marshall's or TJ Maxx but have a very deep selection of men's suits all the time) - Syms sometimes has men's tuxes on sale for $100 - new not used.

Archived