Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

Hi Everyone, Sorry I have been MIA for awhile, I have been in such a rut, I gained a few pounds and have felt out of control, but the past 2 days have been really good and I think it is over!!!

Marianne-welcome, sounds like you are doing great.

Janice-I'm glad you had a great cruise, and you met a nice guy huh? ARe you going to keep in touch with him? Don't worry about the weight, I bet it will come off fast.

Sheila-how are you doing? Are you back on track?

I am so happy today, finallly the house to myself ( I work from home) the kids had 3 snow days last week and then yesterday off, so a 6 day weekend:eek: I could have went on a cruise if I would have known that:D

Connie

Marianne-Welcome! Keep up the great work loosing....we know how are it is. Journaling sure does help.

Connie-keep plugging....warmer weather will be here soon (its warming up already here) and that is always a motivator.

Sheila-Yes, new friend (Scott) sent email as soon as he returned home yesterday which was nice. I was anxiously awaiting word, but wasn't holding my breath. He loves to cruise also, usually goes 2 times per year. so if we don't connect otherwise, we can always meet up on another voyage. But my guess is that we will try to get together soon. Too bad St. Louis and Washington DC are so far apart......Lost 2 cruise pounds already back to 140. I have a new motiviation since Scott is in incredibly great shape. ;)

Keep up the hard work gals, shorts and swimsuits will be here soon.

Janice ~ That is so nice!! I'm proud of you for losing your weight so fast. I hope you and Scott can continue to be good friends. ;)

I started back to the gym on Monday and have been really good with my calories, but I'm up a pound. Don't know why. It seems that since I had my tummy tuck, all of the extra fat is going to my thighs. UGH!!!! I'm trying to run so I hope that helps get the fat off the legs.

Any advice?

Sheila - Very interesting about your weight re-distributing. Running has always been great for my thighs in years past (can't do it much now due to a bad knee which really bums me out). I would add a bit of an incline from time to time or run on hills outside and that works wonders for the back of the thighs and rear end area.

I plan on hitting the gym tonight - I'm feeling soooo flabby since I haven't been hitting the weights much lately.

A quick update-the emails continue between Scott and I and we are planning to see each other again, just now sure when yet, but I'll keep you all posted for sure.

Janice-Does Scott live in DC?? I live about 15 miles south of DC.

Sheila-glad your doing good. My legs seem to be getting flabbier also, and that is the one (and only) area I have never had much problem. I have always gotten compliments that I have nice legs. I have been trying to add some incline to my workouts, I guess it will take awhile to see any difference.

Connie

Connie ~ I know why my legs/rear is getting flabbier....unfortunately! I used to gain all of my weight in my abs area. Since my tummy tuck, the fat goes elsewhere hence the fatter thighs and rear. DH told me the other night that my thighs are "rock hard" but you can't really see the muscle due to all of the fat. That's my problem.....I have lots of muscle all over my body, but too much fat covering it. I'm starting to increase my cardio to try and get rid of the fat. It does get discouraging after a while. We'll just have to hang in there together!

I tried to post yesteday but I couldn't get it to work!! Hope you are all doing good. Well, I had skipped about 2 or 3 WW meetings, so Friday I went and was expecting a gain, I was down .8 I know thats not alot, but when your expecting a gain it's great:D

Did anyone get snow yesterday?? WE got about 6 inches. The boys have a 2 hour delay. Two weeeks ago they had 3 snow days because of an ice storm, so they ended up having a 6 day weekend:eek: I'm sure glad they go today!!!

Connie

I've never been to Weight Watchers and very much want to get my hands on a book that has the points, listing of foods and point value.... where can I find one and how much are they? Are the meetings the only place to get them or are they available online?

I've never been to Weight Watchers and very much want to get my hands on a book that has the points, listing of foods and point value.... where can I find one and how much are they? Are the meetings the only place to get them or are they available online?

You can probably only get them at a meeting. You can join the online version and get everything via the internet, but no book. You might can find a book on eBay.??? Good luck!

Hey everyone, how's it going?? Same for me, struggling, weight does not like coming off me!! But, still sticking with it and exercising. I have been real busy, all 3 of my boys sporst have started (baseball and lacrosse) and we have somthing 7 days a week!

Well, back to work.

Connie

Sheila, unfortunately I never have a problem squeezing in time to eat!

We just found out we are moving to Florida this summer, My father in law was diagnosed with alzheimers recently so we want to move by the family. I am really happy my DH got the job he put in for, it is at MacDill airforce base in Tampa. NOw I have to sell or rent the house I am in, the market for selling is really bad so I think we will rent for a year or two.

I decided to cancel my monthly pass at WW, I am having a hard time getting there and it seems like a waste of money. I will keep doing it on my own for now and if I slip to bad I will join again.

I hope you are all doing good!!

Connie

Connie ~ That's good news that your DH got the job he wanted. Tough about your DFIL though. I started using sparkpeople.com instead of WW. You count calories instead of points. I really like it and it's working. Since I started it, I've lost 5 lbs.

Hey Sheila,

I will emial you, I'd like to see them!

I have been so busy, we started advertising our house for rent or sale on military by owner last Sunday, we have several people coming to look this weekend, someone looked yesterday, 2 guys (1 in Iraq) wants us to send him a contract they want to rent without seeing it, so we have to figure all this out!!

My oldest son has been sick the past few days with fever and throwing up, I 'm taking him to the docs today.

Needless to say, I haven't been keeping very good track of what I'm eating, but I think I'm ok. I've only been on the treadmill once this week, that bothers me, I will try today.

Today is my DH's 40th birthday, I'm having a party sat. night for him and St Patty's day, I hope my son is better and the rest of us dont' have it!!

I hope you are all doing good.

Connie

Connie ~ I'll look for your e-mail. Good luck selling/renting the house. We live in a town that is full of military personnel. Most of our neighbors are officers. A good many of them use the same web site you're using. I know it is going to be time-consuming, but you'll reap the benefits in the long run. I know you'll get back on track soon. Good luck with the party!!!

I lost 2 lbs this week so I'm happy! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gals, sorry for no postings lately. For some reason I haven't gotten any reminder emails and I've been swamped with a new assignment for work. Sounds like you are hanging tough! I'm struggling as usual, but maintaining. Connie, Scott lives in Leesburg, Va. I went out to visit over St. Pat's weekend and was thrilled to get there after spending all day in the airport with the snow storm you all got! I'm heading back your way this weekend again and he is coming here in 2. So this is a strange turn of events for me, but I'm enjoying it. bummer we don't live closer - its over 800 miles via highway.

Connie-good luck with your move. Just think you will be so close to so many ports--so easy to hop on a ship at the last minute!

I must get back to work and hope all is well with everyone!

Janice ~ HELLO! Sounds as if you and Scott are getting along well. Good for you!!! I've missed you.

Connie ~ How IS the move going?

I'm doing fine. I'm steadily losing weight and inches. Some of my size 8's are getting loose. Some still fit. I really need to go clothes shopping, but DH hasn't given me my money yet. Men! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Girls,

I haven't been around, sorry!! I was sick end of Feb begining of March. Then it has been back to work crazy hours and a huge weight gain. I need help. I am going to be on here more often now. Sheila, Connie and Janice, you all inspire me to stay on track!! I hope you all are doing well and I will post very soon again.

Amy

Archived