Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

I have tried the core but not been doing good on it. Do you write everything down when your on core? I find that when I write things down and count points I tend to do better on the flex.

But I have been told by W/W leaders that when on vacation, it's better to stick with core. Any feedback?

Alot have said they have done great at core, does anybody have any tips they can give me?

I am menopausal as well, so it's even harder for me to loose the weight. Is anybody on HRT; is it causing weight gain or do we just plain overeat? My doctor seems to think HRT is not the cause for weight gain but I wonder?

I'm so glad I found this post as I need all the help and support I can get. I'm tired of my clothes being too tight and not feeling good about myself. I remeber when I was at my goal weight my self-esteem was great. For once I'd like to go on a cruise and feel decent in a bathingsuit instead of always covering up at the pool.

:p

Diane ~ I'm on HRT and have been for 12 years. I had a hysterectomy at 27. I don't think it causes weight gain, but do think that all of the hormonal changes does contribute to weight gain and it makes it hard for us to lose/maintain. My GYN said that most menopausal women just need to eat fewer calories. Strength training really helps because it give us more muscle that speeds up the metabolism. That's why men lose weight faster/easier...more muscle than women.

Sheila, I figured the points for you, if you are between age 38 and 47 you would get 20 at 152 and 19 at 149. If you sit at your job most of the time (like a receptionist, etc) your points would stay at the 20 or 19, if you have a job that you occacionally sit at (sales person, housewife, teacher,etc) you would add 2 points, if you walk most of the time (waiter, mailman, etc)your would add 4 points. I hope that all makes sense to you!!

I hope you are all hanging in there, I went to WW today and was up 1 pound from 2 weeks ago, not to bad, now if I can just get thru tomorrow night, we are having some friends over.

Happy New years to all of you!!

Connie

I am 5'9", 178 (thank you Xmas week- last week I was 174) and turning 44 tomorrow, 1/1. I think I am at 24 points- not that I have the ability to do flex any more without bingeing like crazy three weeks later.

The thought of 19 points makes me want to cry. How can someone do 19 points? Like, what- people weren't losing enough on 21? C'mon, if you're not losing weight on 22, 25 points it's because you are spending one day a week eating 100!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, LADIES!!!

Connie ~ Thanks so much for figuring the points for me. With the new point system, I lost a point. I've decided to do CORE instead of Flex for right now. My personal trainer keeps telling me I'm not eating enough, etc. (When I was really counting my points, LOL!) I'm going to try and eat 5-6 meals/day to keep my metabolism going. We'll see if this makes a difference.

I've made me some homemade protein bars and coleslaw today. The bars will help me while I'm at work and the coleslaw will help me get my veggies in a day. Both of them are pretty good.

Good luck in 2007 and I hope all of us reach our goals this year. :D

Happy New Year everyone!! And Happy Birthday Carla!

Sheila, sounds like you have a good plan!! I don't even have a clue how many points I ate and drank last night:eek: But, am back on track today, I haven't worked out yet, I am feeling a little rough, we were up until 3:30 this morning, I am getting to old for that!!!!

Connie

Sheila, I think you were the smart one!! My friends in DAytona Beach have been calling a hangover the "Connie flu" for the past 20 years, I would never admit it was a hangover!!!! I'm still feeling tired and blah today!!

Connie

Hi Everyone, Hope you are all doing good and back on track:rolleyes: Actually, so far I am having a great week, of course the weekends are usually my downfall, but I do feel really motivated. I made a cake I got off the WW site last nite, it was really good and the easiest cake I ever made!! You just take a box of angel food cake and a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple, mix the two together and bake! It is either 2 or 3 points a piece, depending how big you cut them. My kids loved it, we put FF cool whip on top!

Well, off to work!

Connie

Happy New Year to all! I've been out of pocket with the holiday and love catching up on everyone's posts. I'm in the same boat as all here with the need to drop the holiday pounds. Actually didn't do too bad with only a 2 point gain, but now I have 8 to loose before my cruise departs in only 38 days! :eek: I hit the gym last night so that was a start, but have my DD birthday today (out to Outback for dinner then home for choc chip cookie cake). I'm trying very hard to be good but I don't seem to have my total motivation back. Really should try on some swim suits and cocktail dresses for the cruise-now that might do it!

Have a great day! Love the post of reminding us to drink water....that is always a big one for me.

Hi everyone!! I'm still back on track and am down 3.5 lbs. I hope to have my 10 lb weight gain off by the end of Feb. and then I'll need to drop another 10 lbs.

Janice ~ Yep, try on your swimsuit. That will motivate you every time! LOL

Connie ~ Glad you're doing well!!

Good for you, Sheila. I'm coasting along, doing great until the evening... too much candy still in the house! Giant thing of Ghirardelli chocolate next to me as I speak. they belong to DS so I can't exactly throw them out. PopTart on the counter as well. I just keep thinking that whatever I lose I will gain on the cruise in 2 weeks. really in a bad place right now!

Hi Everyone, I went to WW yesterday and was down 2 lbs!!! I have company coming for dinner today, lasagan, garlic bread and salad (and plenty of red wine:p ) I am going to try and fill up on salad and just eat a very small piece of lasagna. I guess I better get on the treadmill this morning!

Carla, don't stress to much, and just enjoy the cruise, it will come off when you get back!!!! I only gained about 3 pounds on my cruise and I pretty much ate and drank what I wanted, I did skip deserts, but I ate plenty of other junk!! I did wear my tighter fitting clothes at the beginning of the cruise and saved the loose things for the end. It is amazing how you can feel just a few pounds in your clothes.

Connie

Connie ~ WOW! I'm so impressed with you!! You're doing so great. What's your secret?

Carla ~ Can you put your DS's candy away somewhere so you don't have to look at it? We have a huge thing of Cadbury chocolate that I just love, but it is in the pantry...away from my eyes. It is also my DS's. Our friends from Scotland sent it to him for Christmas.

Hi! I'm new to the message boards, but have been with Weight Watchers off and on since 1980. About a year ago I started to gain (again)!! I have been struggling with arthritis in both my knees and walking has become very difficult and I know that my daily walks with the dog and on the treadmill helped to keep my weight stable. Right after Thanksgiving I started following the Flex plan with comfortable success. The holidays left me up a half pound but it could have been worse. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by the time we cruise at the end of April (25 would be nicer). As a splurge, we are doing our first "back to back" ever to celebrate reaching our 60th year and I figure that if I get used to eating healthy I won't overdo on the cruise and come back irritated with myself. I've been reading your boards since I started my new way of eating and find it helps to keep my motivation up. So, I wish you all a wonderful 2007.

Mary Jean

Welcome Mary Jean! You will have to report back on how you liked the back-to-back cruises. I'm sure I'd love it!

Connie--you go girl! You really are motivated these days! Wish I could say the same. I keep gaining and loosing the same 2 lbs each week. Gain 2 to 142 then I panic and loose 2 to 140. I'm not going to hit my 132 goal for Feb.11th if I don't get serious! I may have to rejoin online, but hate to do it now and then be off a week for the cruise. Figure, I can join up again when I return. But in the mean time, I better get in gear.

Sheila-You're doing great yourself dropping the holiday weight already. I do need to try on the cruise clothes (and swimsuits). Forgot to do it this weekend, maybe tonight. That should help kick start me! So far so good today.......but at 2:30pm the day is still young.

Welcome Mary Jean! You will have to report back on how you liked the back-to-back cruises. I'm sure I'd love it!

Connie--you go girl! You really are motivated these days! Wish I could say the same. I keep gaining and loosing the same 2 lbs each week. Gain 2 to 142 then I panic and loose 2 to 140. I'm not going to hit my 132 goal for Feb.11th if I don't get serious! I may have to rejoin online, but hate to do it now and then be off a week for the cruise. Figure, I can join up again when I return. But in the mean time, I better get in gear.

Sheila-You're doing great yourself dropping the holiday weight already. I do need to try on the cruise clothes (and swimsuits). Forgot to do it this weekend, maybe tonight. That should help kick start me! So far so good today.......but at 2:30pm the day is still young.

Hi Gang,

We are all hanging in there! I am doing much better this week. The past week or so was rough! I had family gatherings and I worked a few extra shifts(11p-7a). Not to mention New Year's Eve. Now I am back at tracking and keeping my journel. I don't want to pack larger clothes for the Pride in 13 days!!:p The key for me is writing it down. When I do that, the lbs melt off. I have to be committed to writing! Well, I need to go get some packing started. At least try clothes on and decide what to pack. Have a good night and day tomorrow. Welcome MJ:)

Amy

Hi Everyone!

Welcome Mary Jean!

I don't know what happens to us, that sometimes we get really motivated and stick to the plan so well, and it doesn't seem that hard, then all of sudden you loose it and can't seem to stick to anything:confused: I did buy one of those food scales at the meeting last week, it is so cool. It has over 400 items programed in and you can add more (like packaged food) and you hit what the item is (for example, cooked pasta) and then you weigh it, it tells you exactly how many points it is. It has been an eye opener to me on portion size!!! Even a potato I would think as small, I normally counted as one or two is actually 3 !!!

Well, off to wake the boys up.

Connie

You hit the nail on the head Connie! Sometimes we're "ON" and sometimes not. I just can't seem to turn on my "ON" switch. I may go to my monthly weigh in today and stay for the meeting, I'm hoping that will work. Connie-scale sounds nifty and easy! How much was it?

Amy--how do you stay motivated to right everything down. I know that it works, but I just can't seem to do it for one day! I do better with logging my eating online, but don't want to invest in ww online right now (pre-cruise).

Hi everyone and welcome Mary Jean!!

I've been doing my own WOE instead of counting points and I can tell that it isn't as effective as counting points as far as weight loss goes. I did lose 3 lbs last week and nothing so far this week. I can, however, see my abs are really benefitting from not eating sugar and "bad" carbs. My upper abs were really starting to get fat since I don't have much fat on the lower abs after the tuck. The WOE I'm doing is a lot like CORE so I'm going to continue posting on this thread.....if y'all don't mind. I truly believe that Weight Watchers is a great program and works. I'm going to try to watch my portions more and keep eating the CORE way and see what happens. ;)

Connie ~ That is sooo cool about the scale! How much are those suckers?

Janice ~ If I weighed under 140, I wouldn't panic. My goal is 135, but like my trainer says, "Who knows how much you weight but you and your doctor?" It is all about how you look that counts. I'd rather be a toned/muscular 145 than a skinny 130. I'm sure you look fantastic!

Amy ~ 13 days?!! I know you're excited!!

Take care, everyone!! :)

Sheila-you are too sweet about my weight, but what I call the "cookie roll" from the holidays is bugging me. I feel the pudgy middle flab really bad when I sit and I also feel the extra couple of pounds in my face as well. So if I can drop 5 I think I'd feel much better. And yes you can still post on this thread--you'd be missed terribly if you stopped.

Janice ~ Trust me! I do understand what you mean about the holiday pounds. Last week, I had a little "muffin top" over my jeans. Thank goodness it is gone. So losing just 3 lbs really makes a difference. I'm sure you'll get those 5 lbs off in no time. You've always done so well. When is your next cruise? Thanks for being so sweet!

Archived