Magic - Family of 5 Options

protojoe59

Hi,

New to CC. We are looking to book the Magic for this coming summer (May/June). We are a family of 5 (Husband, Wife and 3 daughters (21, 18 and 13).

Trying to save money so we're driving to Galveston where we'll have the option of the Freedom or Magic. I've been doing trial bookings online and it looks like I we can get the following options at about the same price:

1. a single Ocean-View that sleeps 5 (Riviera 1376)

2. one ocean view and one interior (2420/2422)

I don't think two rooms would be an issue since the girls are older. I was just wondering what people thought of the difference.

Thanks

Hi,

New to CC. We are looking to book the Magic for this coming summer (May/June). We are a family of 5 (Husband, Wife and 3 daughters (21, 18 and 13).

Trying to save money so we're driving to Galveston where we'll have the option of the Freedom or Magic. I've been doing trial bookings online and it looks like I we can get the following options at about the same price:

1. a single Ocean-View that sleeps 5 (Riviera 1376)

2. one ocean view and one interior (2420/2422)

I don't think two rooms would be an issue since the girls are older. I was just wondering what people thought of the difference.

Thanks

Welcome to Cc, I would go with door #2 for sure if it was around the same price, four ladies with one bathroom trying to get dressed your poor hubby would never get his turn,lol. Good luck with your decision :)

Welcome to Cc, I would go with door #2 for sure if it was around the same price, four ladies with one bathroom trying to get dressed your poor hubby would never get his turn,lol. Good luck with your decision :)

The oceanviews for five on the Magic have two bathrooms, one with a tub and one with a shower, plus a curtain that can be pulled between the beds and the pull-out couch area. We created four different changing areas. That said, if the price is close to the same and with the kids being much older than mine, I would definitely go for separate bedrooms. Put the daughters in an interior across the hall. Although the OVs are somewhat larger than your typical cruise cabin, they're still pretty small and you're all in one room. The girls won't spend enough time in the room to care too much about having a window and would probably prefer having their own space. They are certainly old enough to be in their own room.

Hi,

Thanks

3 daughters at that age-- give them their own inside cabin across the hall from you.

Cabins have ONE bathroom One Vanity to use hair dryers and curling irons and one plug in the room to do all the charges of the elctronic

there is a shower stalls in the gym that are bigger.

I did 5 people to an inside cabin for our first cruise-- it was awesome-- but I had boys and one 13 year old girl

I second the 2 rooms if at all possible. We are a family of 4 we did the 2 rooms until my oldest stopped cruising with us. It was so nice to be able to spread out a bit and have 2 full bathrooms. Everyone enjoyed the extra space.

Now we are back to 3 in a cabin and man cabins seem so much smaller and we don't even spend much time in our cabin. I am also the only girl so happy the guys dont take long to primp but its still a pain waiting on one shower/sink or toilet. If there was not a single supplement fee we would still do 2 cabins.

Adjoining rooms are great if you can find them. I really enjoyed that vs the across the hall or next door. Your girls are older but it was nice to check on my boys at night without getting the spare key (yes you can get spare key for each room). Plus we could still feel together but with more space