Gallery One - Ft Lauderdale

aarep

We recently spent 3 nights pre-cruise at the Gallery One and as usual the service was great. This was our 3rd stay here and this one was booked through LMT. We have stayed at most of the popular hotels on this website and this is our favorite. So convenitent to everything including Sun Trolley, Publix, Galleria Mall and the Water Taxi. Cost this time was $80.73. Taxi from FLL was approximately 22.00 plus tip and to the port was 18.90 plus tip. The front desk staff was excellent. We had small problem with air conditioning unit on 2nd day (thermostat quit working) and it was repaired promptly and we were offered complimentary full breakfast for the inconvenience. We reluctantly accepted and the buffet breakfast was wonderful. Only one small problem we had was when we were departing for port I asked attendant for TAXI and he motioned for a van that was parked across the drive. As it pulled up he immediately grabbed our luggage and started loading in the empty van. I told the attendant that I wanted a taxi and not a port shuttle. He didnt seem too pleased but removed the luggage and motioned for a cab. I asked the shuttle driver his cost and he said $15 pp plus tip. Our cab fare for the 2 of us was $18.90 plus tip.

Nice review! Did you use the pool or any of the amenities? Did you take the water taxi? Where did you eat?

Well we didnt take the water taxi since we have taken it several times over the past years that we have cruised out of Ft Lauderdale and they have now priced themselves out of my price range. We used to really enjoy it and always ate at Shooters and the old Dan Marino restaurant. We didnt use the pool this time but did enjoy sitting outside in the evening having a drink from the outside bar. Also did the usual touristy thing and hung out around Beach Place area, ate at Bubba Gumps, Spazios and one day took the Sun Trolley to the 17th st area and had lunch at one of our favorite places, Georgios in strip mall across from Holiday Inn Express and next to Einsteins Bagels.

Well we didnt take the water taxi since we have taken it several times over the past years that we have cruised out of Ft Lauderdale and they have now priced themselves out of my price range. We used to really enjoy it and always ate at Shooters and the old Dan Marino restaurant. We didnt use the pool this time but did enjoy sitting outside in the evening having a drink from the outside bar. Also did the usual touristy thing and hung out around Beach Place area, ate at Bubba Gumps, Spazios and one day took the Sun Trolley to the 17th st area and had lunch at one of our favorite places, Georgios in strip mall across from Holiday Inn Express and next to Einsteins Bagels.

This time of year groupon has a two for one coupon. Someone said Amazon also has one.