Luggage tags

alisrockin

All the stevedores at the pier have a ship's manifest.

If you do not have your cabin number when you arrive, ask them. They will

find your name, tell you cabin number and luggage tag you can quickly complete

and attach to your bags. Don't stress about it. Fast and easy.

Be certain that you have an ink pen with you to fill out the luggage tags at the pier -- just in case you have to.

Hopefully you will get your cabin number before you get to the pier.

I take those sticky address labels that seem to collect at home when I travel. Then I can put one on a tag quickly. The long shoreman then uses his marker to write the cabin number. You'd be surprised how many times you can you those little stickers on a trip.

I saw one hand-written in San Francisco waiting to load. Given the digits, it was probably scribbled by a native America given a 7 with no cross bar. In many parts of the world, this could easily be confused with a 1 and the baggage handlers on-board are not usually American. I am just suggesting you get them printed if you can OR see how neatly this tag is written before you release it to the porters.

Either way, with your name it will find your cabin and you will have the same fun on the trip.

M

You may have to scout up the manifest holder. I have found that not every stevedore has it but they will tell you who does. It's been my limited experience (3 or 4 guarantee bookings) that the later we got our cabin assignment the better the upgrade... best one came at the pier! You can always hope!

I don't print and carry luggage tags anymore, I get them from the porters, fill them out and they staple them. Less to keep track of. Have a wonderful cruise. m--