Question - Please on timing

VacationCrazee

I am going to be in Cayman 8 a.m - 4 p.m. Is it reasonable to try to do both Stingray City then a bit of time on the beach (either Public or Palm) Beach.

Am I pushing my lunch. If I can get a Stingray City tour at around 9 that finishes up at around 12 or 1, will I have time to spend an hour or so on the beach?

Will there be tours to Stingray City at the dock or do I have to reserve in advance?

Thanks.

Good morning,

my friends and i recently return from our tour of the caribbean, we knew we were going to stop in grand cayman, so we ask a couple of friends to suggest cheap tours with plenty to do. Our friend recommended this website http://www.caymanstingraycityunited.com

the tour was fun, we did a lot of activities; stingrays, dolphins, nature tours, beach, exotic birds...it was super, with a lot of time to spear

Edited by Janel.Jackson

I am going to be in Cayman 8 a.m - 4 p.m. Is it reasonable to try to do both Stingray City then a bit of time on the beach (either Public or Palm) Beach.

Am I pushing my lunch. If I can get a Stingray City tour at around 9 that finishes up at around 12 or 1, will I have time to spend an hour or so on the beach?

Will there be tours to Stingray City at the dock or do I have to reserve in advance?

Thanks.

Yes, you will have time for Stingrays and beach. No problem. While you need to take a boat to the stingrays, the marina is located very near Seven Mile Beach. You can pre-book a stingray tour if you find one you really like, or you can book one when you get onshore. Either way, most of them last about 3 hrs (unless you book something that includes more than the rays) and you can have the shuttle drop you off at the beach. Then just hop the bus or a taxi back to port.

Yes, you will have time for Stingrays and beach. No problem. While you need to take a boat to the stingrays, the marina is located very near Seven Mile Beach. You can pre-book a stingray tour if you find one you really like, or you can book one when you get onshore. Either way, most of them last about 3 hrs (unless you book something that includes more than the rays) and you can have the shuttle drop you off at the beach. Then just hop the bus or a taxi back to port.

Thanks. Most of the tours I have found include snorkelling. Is it possible to find a tour once I get to Cayman that does NOT include snorkelling? I would perfer to go to Stingray City and then straight to my beach time.

Thanks.

Thanks. Most of the tours I have found include snorkelling. Is it possible to find a tour once I get to Cayman that does NOT include snorkelling? I would perfer to go to Stingray City and then straight to my beach time.

Thanks.

Yes, there should be vendors there that will set you up with a boat/tour to SC only without the snorkeling.

Yes, there should be vendors there that will set you up with a boat/tour to SC only without the snorkeling.

Thanks. I think I will wait until I get to the port to book anything. That way my options are better. I also would like to get to Stingray City early b4 the crowds descend.