Shade on Rumbaba?

LynnMW3

We're considering booking Rumbaba for our day in St. Thomas and are concerned about the amount of shade available on the boat...Can anyone who has done this day sail tell us if there is shade, and if so, how much, on the boat, both while underway and while moored?

Thanks!

Rumbaba will have very limited shade. The Cockpit of the ship seats 4 so 2 of the passengers will need to sit around the deck of the boat. There is a small canopy that covers part or all of the cockpit (can't recall for sure). I recall that this was not put up while sailing full speed but that they did put this up during lunch time and while stopped at the snorkeling or swimming spots. They also might have had it up a little while doing some slow scenic sailing but I'm not certain of that.

I'd count on very limited shade. Use lots of high SPF sun screen and put some on a couple times well before you set foot on the boat.

If you have specific questions like this you can also call or text Captain Chad to ask. I think the phone number on their web site goes to his cell phone.

Some photos - some with canopy up and some with it down:

Rumbaba Day Sail at St. Thomas

Captain Bobby on the Rumbaba Day Sail at St. Thomas

Rumbaba Day Sail at St. Thomas - one of our all time favorite excursions Captain Chad

Rumbaba Day Sail at St. Thomas - one of our all time favorite excursions This is a photo of us on the Rumbaba taken by our friends who sailed on the Lou Photo By Bill & Marilynn V

Rumbaba Day Sail from St. Thomas

Edited by Lsimon