GoPro Hero 4 - Oct 5th release

just4steven

... If I'd owned a GoPro 3 I'd be irritated that some of the items, like the batteries, have been changed for the new camera. It feels awfully expensive to replace stuff you've already purchased. :(

Firstly, congrats on your new Go Pro. The battery / chargers are really the only non compatible things between the 3 & 4. So what accessories did you buy already? My recommendation for must haves... 1) Go Pole Reach 2) Tripod Mount Converter 3) Helmet / Hat clip mount 4) Jolby Gorilla pod 5) of course extra batteries. The nice thing about the batteries is that they are reasonably priced $20 vs $70 for some cameras.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Firstly, congrats on your new Go Pro. The battery / chargers are really the only non compatible things between the 3 & 4. So what accessories did you buy already? My recommendation for must haves... 1) Go Pole Reach 2) Tripod Mount Converter 3) Helmet / Hat clip mount 4) Jolby Gorilla pod 5) of course extra batteries. The nice thing about the batteries is that they are reasonably priced $20 vs $70 for some cameras.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I'm really glad you posted - some of the things you identified I hadn't even considered.

So far I've got the Wasabi 2-pack battery, charger and wall charger (on order); the hand grip; tripod mount; three media cards (finding the fastest I can); storage case; polarizer and filter mount for naked lens; polarizer and filter mount for case; the frame (knock-off brand vs. gopro). I had purchased the lcd backpack but took it back after listening to you guys talk about the phone app. I'll try that out first before I invest the $.

I've been watching a lot of tutorials on Youtube (MicBergsma has a ton of them) to learn about all this stuff.

What do you use the reach pole for?

I'm going to have to sell off some DSLR equipment to offset all the expenses LOL.

I've been watching a lot of tutorials on Youtube (MicBergsma has a ton of them) to learn about all this stuff.

What do you use the reach pole for?

Yes! MicBergsma has some really great videos on the Go Pro World and accessories.

I love my Go Pole and actually had to order from Amazon.ca because could not find local. Go Pole is great for selfies when you are walking or Zip lining. I actually DIY adapted a Go Pro Tripod mount will allows me to use any Go Pro mount with my non Go Pro Cameras. I am attaching two pictures below and I am pretty sure you can see what I did with the OEM Go Pro Tripod adapter.

IMG_2298-XL.jpg

Picture of my Sony DIY mounted on a Go Pole Reach

IMG_2299-XL.jpg

I am also attaching a video that will show how I used the Go Pole differently in the video. I used the Go Pole with the Go Pro and my Sony HDR GW77. I also own a X-Shot Pocket Shot which is also quite good.

[YOUTUBE]Npl9Lk7Fxo8[/YOUTUBE]

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Yes! MicBergsma has some really great videos on the Go Pro World and accessories.

I love my Go Pole and actually had to order from Amazon.ca because could not find local. Go Pole is great for selfies when you are walking or Zip lining. I actually DIY adapted a Go Pro Tripod mount will allows me to use any Go Pro mount with my non Go Pro Cameras. I am attaching two pictures below and I am pretty sure you can see what I did with the OEM Go Pro Tripod adapter.

Picture of my Sony DIY mounted on a Go Pole Reach

I am also attaching a video that will show how I used the Go Pole differently in the video. I used the Go Pole with the Go Pro and my Sony HDR GW77. I also own a X-Shot Pocket Shot which is also quite good.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Very cool . . . I've spent decades behind the camera so I'm rarely in the photo, and that mindset has become ingrained with me. The pole might be very helpful to get me out of that.

I doubt that I'll be doing ziplining or any of the more adventurous activities but I can see applications for the pole and the gorilla pod in what I do. I plan to create some short video pieces about various places in Dallas / Fort Worth to use on my familytravelphotos.com website and the selfie pole would be really good for that. My wife is very tolerant most of the time but she probably would prefer not running a camera for me. LOL

I work in marketing in the construction industry, and I'm really playing with the idea of putting the GoPro in neat places on the jobsite . . . like at the top of a crane, looking down as it picks up a big concrete panel. The gorilla pod might be useful for that as well.

(Sidenote: Our company's president just got a Phantom Vision 2 plus drone - he's going to have me do fly-bys and aerial shots on some of our completed buildings with it. That is going to be SO cool!)

I like how you've got the accessories labeled - I was thinking of doing something similar, since there are all these little pieces that look so much alike.

I like how you've got the accessories labeled - I was thinking of doing something similar, since there are all these little pieces that look so much alike.

The DJ Phantom is at the top of wish list for my #1 wanted mount. Would love to see your Go Pro construction footage.

Labels! That has carried over from my 5s - Six Sigma - Green Belt Training from my previous job at Honeywell.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

The DJ Phantom is at the top of wish list for my #1 wanted mount. Would love to see your Go Pro construction footage.

Labels! That has carried over from my 5s - Six Sigma - Green Belt Training from my previous job at Honeywell.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I can't wait to play with the Phantom. If I can sell another website or two, I may just break down and get one for myself. Whenever I get a chance to try it out, I'll post videos on here.