Verizon Rewards Cruise $'s - quick question

willow0325

I know there is a very lengthy thread already on this subject but with my cruise coming up quickly, I don't have time to read through all that!

I know that I can purchase Cruise Dollar Certificates utilizing the discount with my Verizon rewards. When I look at that site, it states:

"You may apply the certificate towards the purchase of any Carnival Cruise."

Others have mentioned that you use it just the same as Cruise Dollars and that it doesn't have to be used just for purchasing a cruise. Can someone please clarify that? Also -- if it can be used as cruise dollars for onboard purchases, etc., I don't understand the process of mailing it into Carnival. Why do you have to do that? Do they send something back? (sorry for all these questions!) I cruise in 3 weeks and just found out about this program.

Do I have time to take advantage of this? Thanks so much!

In your situation I would buy the e-gift card. You get it immediately and it can be used to pay for your cruise or you can go to guest services and have it applied for OBC.

If I remember correctly the cruise dollars cannot be used as OBC and can only be used to pay off a cruise. They are not as flexible with more conditions. Also they are not "electronic".

In your situation I would buy the e-gift card. You get it immediately and it can be used to pay for your cruise or you can go to guest services and have it applied for OBC.

If I remember correctly the cruise dollars cannot be used as OBC and can only be used to pay off a cruise. They are not as flexible with more conditions. Also they are not "electronic".

I didn't see a e-gift card offered on Verizon Rewards - although maybe I just didn't look far enough to see it.

Have you use the rewards program at all? Thanks so much!

I didn't see a e-gift card offered on Verizon Rewards - although maybe I just didn't look far enough to see it.

I just check and the eGift is listed. Amounts are $50, $100, and $500. I've used them and it works very easy. Paid off our cruise with them, purchased an excursion and have one that I will be applying to our S&S account after boarding.

Yes the e gift cards are indeed. Look under gift certificates then travel. They sale the in denominations of $500, $100 & $50. I have used them for deposits and excursions online no issue. I have $1000 in them I'm taking on Saturday fire my Sail and Sign Card. They are a great value and to date have saved me $150.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes I have used them. I purchased $1000.00 so far. Go to gift cards and then you see the column labeled Travel on the right side of the page. Go to the Carnival link and you will see the e-gift cards.

Also they have some terms and conditions right on this page and a link to http://www.carnival.com/giftcardterms for more info.