Epic bathroom???

nanaj1

My friend we will just have to agree to disagree then. I am glad the frosted glass provides adequate privacy for you and doubtlessly many others, but it does not do it for us and doubtlessly many others too. ;)

Fair enough. I just don't understand what can be seen through the frosted glass that could cause embarrassment. Our shower at home has clear glass so maybe I'm just used to being on display!

This is a style of design that is popular in Europe where space is at a premium and I believe it allowed NCL to fit even more cabins on their ship. However, the design was so controversial with customers that NCL switched back to the typical type of stateroom bathroom with their newer ships. IMO, I don't care one way or the other since I don't own the ship and I don't have to live with that style of bathroom in my house. IMO the toilet is far less private than I am totally comfortable with. It helped that we were in a Spa Suite and there was also a curtain in front of the door which made it a bit more private. Still you can hear everything going on in the toilet room from the bed, which is not conducive to romance, or even sleep for that matter. I do want to give NCL high marks for their Spa Suite Shower - perhaps the BEST shower at sea! Better even than the shower in the Owner's Suite or Villas!

I'm really confused after reading all these posts about the bathroom configuration. We're on the Epic next Aug out of Barcelona---our first time in an inside cabin. I understand that the sink is outside of the toilet area. Is there a door from the toilet to the outside sink--or a curtain?

I'm really confused after reading all these posts about the bathroom configuration. We're on the Epic next Aug out of Barcelona---our first time in an inside cabin. I understand that the sink is outside of the toilet area. Is there a door from the toilet to the outside sink--or a curtain?

Are you asking if the toilet is just sitting in the room without any walls surrounding it? If so, no it's surrounded by the frosted glass door as in the other rooms. A quick Google search came back with this:

It's disgusting. I agree.

Never seen a 'water closet' before? Most modern homes have the master bedroom's toilet in its own room. Public restrooms don't have sinks in the same space as the toilet either. The set up is very common. I find an exposed toilet next to the shower more disturbing. The only thing disgusting is if you don't wash your hands after.

Never seen a 'water closet' before? Most modern homes have the master bedroom's toilet in its own room. Public restrooms don't have sinks in the same space as the toilet either. The set up is very common. I find an exposed toilet next to the shower more disturbing. The only thing disgusting is if you don't wash your hands after.

In the end, who really cares?

If you like or don't mind the configuration sail on the Epic. If you don't, don't.

Lots of other fish... ships... in the sea.

Edited by DirtyDawg

Yes I have heard of them. They are disgusting as well. Think about it. As soon as you go in and close the door you have germs all over your hand from the last person that used the toilet and opened the door with their dirty hand because they have no place to wash it.

Yes I have heard of them. They are disgusting as well. Think about it. As soon as you go in and close the door you have germs all over your hand from the last person that used the toilet and opened the door with their dirty hand because they have no place to wash it.

Do you touch the sink to turn it on? You know, the sink that someone with germs on their hands from using the toilet touched? How's that any different?

As long as you don't stop for a sandwich in between the toilet and the sink, I'm not seeing how it's "disgusting".

Do you touch the sink to turn it on? You know, the sink that someone with germs on their hands from using the toilet touched? How's that any different?

As long as you don't stop for a sandwich in between the toilet and the sink, I'm not seeing how it's "disgusting".

Yeah, that's not what I'm understanding, as well. You touch the sink handles, you touch the button to flush the toilet, etc. All of these are surfaces that other people have touched after using the toilet. If it freaks people out that much (even though they will be washing their hands afterwards), just use a bit of toilet paper or a tissue to open the door.