Hampton Inn South Cruise port FLL

KSUSHAQ

Anyone out there have any experience staying at this hotel location? Planning on staying there Nov. 8 before a Nov. 9 departure on the Freedom. We plan on using the free shuttle from the airport but was wondering what is located nearby the hotel (liquor stores for wine, restaurants, etc.)? Figured we would take a cab on departure day even though they offer shuttle. Any input would be appreciated.

Anyone out there have any experience staying at this hotel location? Planning on staying there Nov. 8 before a Nov. 9 departure on the Freedom. We plan on using the free shuttle from the airport but was wondering what is located nearby the hotel (liquor stores for wine, restaurants, etc.)? Figured we would take a cab on departure day even though they offer shuttle. Any input would be appreciated.

It's been a while, but we stayed there in May 2013 for pre cruise on Oasis. Stayed 2 nights. So very friendly, clean, helpful, good food. We had booked 8 rooms for 2 nights but part of the group had flight delays and couldn't make it in for the 1st night - arriving about 8 am on the 2nd day. They didn't charge us for those rooms for the 1st night, let them eat the free breakfast when they arrived and allowed them to check in immediately upon arrival.

At the time, the shuttle to port was free, but I have emailed with them and it is now $6 per person as they have so many cruisers, they have had to use a shuttle company to handle them all.

There was a McDonalds & a couple of other fast food restaurants close by, along with a small grocery store, some kind of Dollar store, etc. at that time, all within walking distance.

They replied to my email to them within 1 day - so I'm sure if you emailed them some questions, you'd likely get a quick response. Good luck!

Hi, yes we have stayed at this HI a few times before and have another room there this coming January, we will sail on the Breeze out of MIA, two days at this HI then board the Freedom for a repo cruise to Galveston island....as poster above stated, very nice hotel, there is a restaurant - pub right behind the hotel easy walking...you will be happy with your choice...there is a shuttle to the cruise terminal, you register for it when you check into your room, but there is always a long line waiting for the shuttle with all their dozens of suitcases LOL....so since it is very close we usually ask the hotel to call a taxi for us.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ksushaq.....I know there is a restaurant/pub right behind this hotel, we saw it from our windows of our hotel room [emoji1]....a group of friends from cruise critic met there for a pre cruise M&G the night before one of our cruises, we were too pooped from our flight so we didn't go, but the place was there then....you can call the Hampton Inn and ask the desk, their number is: 954-922-0011.....but it's a very easy walk from the hotel, like I said we could see it from our window....

Laters....alice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ksushaq.....I know there is a restaurant/pub right behind this hotel, we saw it from our windows of our hotel room [emoji1]....a group of friends from cruise critic met there for a pre cruise M&G the night before one of our cruises, we were too pooped from our flight so we didn't go, but the place was there then....you can call the Hampton Inn and ask the desk, their number is: 954-922-0011.....but it's a very easy walk from the hotel, like I said we could see it from our window....

Laters....alice

Are you sure that you stayed at this Hampton Inn on Stirling Rd south of the airport? Slackers Bar and Grill is behind the Hampton Inn north of the airport.

The south FLL hotel is a few blocks from Hollywood Ale House, but that's the closest pub/restaurant I can think of near there.

I'm looking at our reservation confirmation form, and it's the same street address as the one where we have stayed at two times before: 2500 Stirling Road......maybe I'm wrong......

Alice

Ok that must be it then.