Fantasy out of Charleston SC

pastthymes

We are going on the Fantasy in April. I am more of RCCL girl...however I need some info. We are driving into Charleston the day before and staying in a hotel. I usually go out of Baltimore on RCCL, we get to the port by 10am and are on the ship by 11. Does that work for Carnival, as well. We are also traveling with a 4 and a 5 year old...any insight to the Fantasy from their perspective would be most welcome.

We were on the 10/04 sailing. I wanted to be at the port at 10:30 but we didn't get there until 12:15. There was no waiting to get into the port at that time. Though we didn't drive to the port I noticed that there wasn't a line to park cars at that time either. There was a line to get into the terminal. We were in line maybe 30 minutes total. We were in our stateroom by 1:30 which included waiting 15 minutes for them to re-position the gangway.

If I sail out of Charleston again, I probably won't go to the port early. It's not worth the hassle waiting for the port gates to open. It's very tight in the area around the port.

We got there about 11:15 and with parking and going thru the line we where on by 11:40 and we drove in the day of

Dainew- When you arrived at 11:15, were they already letting cars in to park or were they still doing early luggage drop-off?

Thank you so much! -SC :)