Adding passengers to our booking

Slippin

My wife and I book a spa room on the Magic on March 22nd. Two of our friends want to go on the cruise with us, and if we stay in the same cabin, it will save us $500. Can we add this couple after we have booked early saver? I know we will probably have to switch rooms, but just wondered if carmival will even do this. Also, will they refund our money the difference or apply it to our payment amount?

My wife and I book a spa room on the Magic on March 22nd. Two of our friends want to go on the cruise with us, and if we stay in the same cabin, it will save us $500. Can we add this couple after we have booked early saver? I know we will probably have to switch rooms, but just wondered if carmival will even do this. Also, will they refund our money the difference or apply it to our payment amount?

You have to call them and see if it's allowed on the rate that you booked. I have an idea you can't do it with early saver, but not positive. The other thing is, I've changed, not an add, but put a different person in and they charged me $50 to make the name change. Recently I booked one with the 12 hour sale to go by myself, then my friend decided she wanted to come and they let me add her, no problems. So, it seems that it is different in different situations and I know different fares have different rules. Just call them and see what they can do for you.

Also know that 3rd and 4th added to spa cabin don't get the spa access that the 1st and 2nd guest get.

Almost all rates will allow you to add people to your cabin. It's no problem at all with Early Saver. ES doesn't allow name changes (not ever--not even for a fee) or downgrades, and you don't get your deposit back if you cancel, even before final payment. But ES will always allow additions & upgrades, because it's more money for them.

You will have to switch to a room that sleeps 4, plus as was mentioned, the 3rd & 4th people will not receive any spa privileges. If you aren't going to be making the additions soon, then some people might alarm you by saying that the ship could reach capacity, and that you then wouldn't be allowed to add people, even if there are empty beds. The chances of this happening are almost 0%, but if this were to ever happen (I have never heard of it happening before), it would happen on a high demand cruise, like in March (Spring Break). But I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's much more likely that you could run out of 4-person rooms before you know for sure that they're going.

Edited by k2excursion

We had a room once that had the capacity for 3 persons. There were only 2 of us. I called to see about adding a third and was told I could not. The reason was that even though our room would hold another person, the ship was maxed out due to multiple persons in other cabins. Since SHIP capacity is limited by the lifeboat capacity and that number had been met we were not allowed to add a third person.

Almost all rates will allow you to add people to your cabin. It's no problem at all with Early Saver. ES doesn't allow name changes (not ever--not even for a fee)

I just did a name change under ES with no charge.. I think it depends on who you talk to. It was not even questioned.