Driving from tampa to Fort Lauderdale

Nmhawk

Hi. We are on the Oasis on Jan 3, 2015. We are thinking on flying to Tampa two days before, and then drive on departure day to FLL. Is it doable? Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Nmhawk

Hi. We are on the Oasis on Jan 3, 2015. We are thinking on flying to Tampa two days before, and then drive on departure day to FLL. Is it doable? Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Greetings

Yes it is doable. Just jump on I-75 south to I-595 straight to the airport/port area. You are looking at almost a 4 hour drive, so get an early start. Since this is a weekend, traffic shouldn't be an issue. There is a toll ($3.00) on a stretch of I-75, but they take cash.

Good Sailing

Tom

Make sure you leave plenty early. There will be a stretch, or two, where you could experience significant delays if there is a breakdown, etc. I would recommend leaving Tampa around 4:00 am (yeah, I know). but that should put you in Lauderdale around 8:45-9:00. Give you enought time to hit a nice breakfast and stop for any last minute purchases (i.e. - case of water, box of wine, toiletries larger than 3 oz, etc.).

yes! Drive! It's an easy drive! We did it last year. Left around 10:00, stopped to visit a friend for an hour, boarded the ship with plenty of time to spare!

Another option is to take the train! Spend the night, board the ship the following day.

Still another option which we are doing this Jan. is to take several days driving and stopping to visit the sights in Sarasota: Ringling Museum & Mansion,

on to Punta Gorda to visit the Military Heritage Museum, continuing on the following day to Ft. Myers- Shell Museum, Historical Museum, and the highlight Edison & Fords Winter Escape with Botanical Gardens.

Finally in Naples The Bird Gardens & Collier County Museum

We board on Sunday, we may stay in South Beach Sat.

I'm researching a place to stay in for two (?) nights in Ft.Myers/Sannibel isle area.

Ann