Strange question I know - toilets in Seville

parganut

Hi

I know this is a strange question but does anyone know what the stuation is with regards to pubic toilets in Seville. We are there next April, docking overnight in Seville and DH is panicking after reading that there are no toliets in Seville!!

I am hoping that soemone will be able to ease his concerns. Many thanks in anticipation:)

Hi

I know this is a strange question but does anyone know what the stuation is with regards to pubic toilets in Seville. We are there next April, docking overnight in Seville and DH is panicking after reading that there are no toliets in Seville!!

I am hoping that soemone will be able to ease his concerns. Many thanks in anticipation:)

I have no idea where he would read there are no toilets in Seville...really. Of course there are toilets...if you can find a McDonalds,a dept store or even a cafe (where you may need to buy something as in coffee if for customers only) I am sure he will be ok.Spain is not a third world country.

Sorry, should have said public toilets - I also apologise for my sticky finger mistyping! lol

Thanks cberge for your reply - he read online that all public toliets were closed which set off the panic

Edited by parganut

Sorry, should have said public toilets - I also apologise for my sticky finger mistyping! lol

Thanks cberge for your reply - he read online that all public toliets were closed which set off the panic

Frankly, Cberge's advice is excellent and useful for most of Western Europe. While there are always available public rest room facilities in museums or inside major department stores, tourists should plan on using the facilities in McDonald's or cafes the majority of the time.

Always plan on buying something for the privilege of using the facilities. Not everyone in the group needs to buy something, but one or more tourists should buy make a purchase. The item can be as inexpensive and useful as a bottle of water or a cup of coffee.

A lot of toilets in Europe are for a fee. There is an attendant outside collecting a fee and sometimes giving toilet paper. Usually a small fee, 20 to 50 cent Euro, so have some small change with you. It is worth the fee as they also keep the places pretty clean. They don't like to give change for a 5 Euro note. Have even had this at McDonalds in Europe. The large better hotels usually have nice restrooms in the lobby, my secret place to go to.

Thank you to all who have taken the time to respond - seems like I will be buying lots of small drinks on behalf of hubby. Still a good excuse to try the local drink!

:D

Just buy a bottle of water if they have it...don't share:D

• 2 weeks later...

It is not a strange question, it is one a lot of people struggle with because of different reasons: children, seniors, people with certain medications, diabetics, pregnant women, etc.

My mum and I are both always looking for the public toilets, and I cannot remember it being a real issue in Seville when we were there for a week.

Once you know where to look, you notice there are many around, you can try following places:

Fast food places (McDo, Starbucks, Subway, etc)

Railway stations

Petrol stations

Municiple parks, especially near the kids playground or near a stage/band stand/coffee stand

Parking garages

Large hypermarkets

Large Furniture stores

Malls

Tourist informations/city hall/public libraries