Cruisetour pricing

skipsbroan

I booked Princess Connoisseur Tour May 20th-June 12th, 2015. We are doing cruise first then land. It is 7 night cruise and 6 night land. We have a mini-suite with balcony.

Cost $6,927 and change. This was about $350 off what the Princess site was, as I booked with a TA. To do the land first then cruise, it was $1,000 more. So we opted to cruise first then land.

Our flights were $1,250, flying out of Bradley International in CT, to Vancouver, then Fairbanks to Bradley.

I'll fill you in on a few other details. I know on these boards there are a LOT of people who sincerely suggest planning the land portions yourself rather than through the cruiselines. We decided to go through a TA as the other couple we are traveling with are from a different state. This being the 1st major vacation we've taken, there's a peace of mind for all of us in having a TA handle the bookings and details. While I am not opposed to renting a car and driving after all the research that's been done, we have 1 in our group that would rather have our luggage hauled for us and the transportation taken care of so nobody has to drive. One of our group REALLY wants to cruise - I am all for skipping the cruise and doing just a land-only tour, but we are all trying to get what we want out of this vacation. 1 of our group can only be gone from work as long as we are allowing for the 10-day cruisetour. I hope I haven't confused anyone yet! :)

Sounds like an interesting group dynamic. That is one reason that I do not travel with other couples. My wife and I have enough problems deciding what we both want although in the end we end up coming with reasonable compromises. I would not want to deal with another couple unless they were close family and maybe not even then.

In any case, assuming that the intractable part of the group is not your spouse, I would tell the other couple that it was not working out and do what you and your spouse want to do. If the other couple is willing to go along - OK. Otherwise, do not ruin your vacation or overspend on it just to make the other couple happy.

DON