Pay for kids when pre-booking dining??

disneygirl34

I just pre-booked a few meals in specialty restaurants for our party of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids, 10&12years old). I payed in full for them. Then I saw on the dailies that were posted that kids eat free off the kids menu or pay 50% of the full menu. Do I receive on-board credit for the difference? Also, how hard is it to get booked for the Illusionarium while on board because it is unavailable now. We sail on the Getaway 11/22. TIA!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I pre-booked my dinner at Cirque on Breakaway, I paid full price. Since it was for embarkation night, there was a 25% discount. After the dinner, they refunded my full price payment and charged me the discounted amount, refunding the difference in non-refundable credit.

If you are unsure, you could always choose to wait until you board to book. When you do that, they don't charge you until you actually eat the dinner.

"If you are unsure, you could always choose to wait until you board to book. When you do that, they don't charge you until you actually eat the dinner."

Should I be worried about being able to get in to the specialty restaurants once on board with a large party? I was nervous that the only times already left are 5:00&9:00 for dinner😥

"If you are unsure, you could always choose to wait until you board to book. When you do that, they don't charge you until you actually eat the dinner."

Should I be worried about being able to get in to the specialty restaurants once on board with a large party? I was nervous that the only times already left are 5:00&9:00 for dinner😥

On BA we booked all of us and kids prices were credited as OBC. Other than Teppanyaki, you should be o.k. Check the first day when you are on board if not showing available online.

If you do this as soon as you board, you should not have a problem. NCL does not make all the seats available to book before the cruise so there should be something left at all serving times.

The one I would worry most about is the Teppanyaki restaurant. It's small and has only a few seatings, since it's more like a "show".