Helsinki with six ships in port

Hi Ultima_Thule,

We'll be docking at the West Harbour (LMA). There will be 8 of us, so we're hoping to take a cab to the Market Square. Will there be van cabs available to take all 8 of us? Or would we need to take 2 taxis? If there are van cabs, will it cost more than 12 to 15 Euro to get to Market Square?

I cannot give any guarantees but in my experience there always seems to be shuttle buses taking passengers into town and back when cruise ships are in West Harbour. Especially from quay LMA it should be foolish not to have some kind of service. Buses always show a sign with name of ship or line and a consecutive number (like Celebrity #1, Celebrity #2 etc). I think some local company might be providing the service for the cruise lines but I don't know any details.

Regarding taxi the trip to the market should be something like 4 km so it would be somewhere between 12 and 15 Euro, depending on time and number of persons.

http://www.taksihelsinki.fi/en

We'll be docking at the West Harbour (LMA). There will be 8 of us, so we're hoping to take a cab to the Market Square. Will there be van cabs available to take all 8 of us? Or would we need to take 2 taxis? If there are van cabs, will it cost more than 12 to 15 Euro to get to Market Square?

The taxi fleet have 8 passenger minivans so that would be ideal for you. Due to the number of passengers the extra cost to the market would be some 2.50 Euro or about 15 or 17 Euro in total so that would be much cheaper than having to take two taxis.

http://www.taksihelsinki.fi/en/taxi-fleet-0

The problem of course is there is no guarantee that you'll be able to get hold of a minivan in the harbor. In this case it might be an idea to order one, but that would of course cost a bit.