Goff Cay v. Horseshoe

pcruz4ever

For those of you that have been to Belize, which is the better snorkel excursion? My sisters and I are relative beginners at snorkeling, I have no problem going off the boat but they're more comfortable wading in from shore. Which would you recommend?

Any feedback appreciated.

My wife and I returned from Goff Cay last week. It'd be a great place for a beginner. I was a tad bored and tired of a couple of ladies who wanted to braid every hair on my body.....but overall, it was a nice afternoon. It's about 3 acres in size, nice beach, nice water, mostly VERY shallow too. But it was interesting and if you've not snorkeled before, you should be fine there.

Jeff

On the Goff's Caye excursion, you will have a choice of being dropped off at the caye to hang out/snorkel the entire time or snorkeling off the boat and joining the rest of the people later (you'll still have time to hang out on the caye). We snorkeled off the boat, while our friends chose to get dropped off at the beach. We were disappointed in the snorkeling (it's much better in Cozumel - Chankanaab and Grand Cayman), but, overall, it was a nice day.

Archived