solo cruising on Vantage Voyager

janniejl

:confused:This will be my first cruise since becoming a widow. Do you think a river cruise is a good idea and will the single cabin on the Vantage Voyager be okay? Will welcome opinions and suggestions for solo traveling since I don't want a roomie I don't know:rolleyes:

Welcome to CC! I think river cruising would be perfect for you....I've been on 7 with Vantage and have 2 more booked for spring. The single cabin will be smaller and probably have a twin bed, but it will be comfortable and if you request it early enough, you could get one of the two on the top deck, which is like "prime" location. As for meeting people, that will be up to you...all meals are open seating so you sit wherever you wish and with whomever you wish. IMHO river cruisers are friendly and welcoming and if you want new friends, you should have them after a day or so.

Edited by Hydrokitty

:confused:This will be my first cruise since becoming a widow. Do you think a river cruise is a good idea and will the single cabin on the Vantage Voyager be okay? Will welcome opinions and suggestions for solo traveling since I don't want a roomie I don't know:rolleyes:

I can't answer the question about singles on Vantage, but Grand Circle caters to lots of singles. They even had a singles get together on our Russian cruise.