Monarch Cruise...Internet terminal questions???

baad

On the Monarch ship do they let you use their internet terminals between midnight and 8am on the ship on the last day of the cruise? Also, do their internet terminals have working printers available?

The reason I ask is that I booked a flight that departs a little early (12:35 pm) on the last day of my upcoming January cruise (through Southwest airlines) and they let you check in online and print your boarding pass at 12:01 am or later on the day of the flight.

I think the internet terminals are open all the time, and yes there is a printer available. Our Southwest flight was at noon, and we were at the airport by 9:30. It was too expensive to switch to an earlier flight. While it would be possible to print your boarding passes onboard, we don't even bother because we had a bag to check. Since we always have checked luggage, I never have really figured out how pre-printing your boarding pass saves any time. :)

SWA's does not have assigned seating. It's been refered to as a cattle call. You are assigned a boarding pass letter. Group A gets on first and has first selection of seats. Group B next and so on. If you're stuck in the last group, you get whatever seats are left over. It's important to most people to be either in A or B group. Printing your boarding pass out ahead of time will get you in one of the early groups to get on the flight. With an early flight and having to get from the ship to the airport, this poster would most likely get stuck in the final group and be stuck with whatever seats are left over.

It's one of the reasons I rarely consider SWA's. On the other hand, they turn their planes around in about 30 minutes. They get people off and then they heard them on like cattle but their flight are generally on time and they make a profit.

Thank you both for the info. Me and my friend are planning not to check in luggage (carryons only). I'm hoping that checking in online and printing out our boarding passes will increase are chances of making the flight in case of unfortunate delays in getting off the ship, grid lock traffic, and going through security at the airport.

Archived