Early Saver Question

defreeze

In the past, I booked a regular rate (NOT Early Saver).

If there was a price drop (before final payment), I would call my TA and he would get the price adjusted to the new lower price (i.e., price I pay is lowered, not given to me via onboard credit).

With Early Saver, it says you (or your TA) have to fill out a form to request the price adjustment, and it says it will be given in the form of onboard credit.

If I book Early Saver and the price drops BEFORE final payment, can I just call my TA, as I usually have done, to get the price lowered? Or am I stuck with having to send in a form and only get onboard credit (as opposed to just a lowering of the price).

I understand that AFTER final payment, the form and onboard credit makes sense. But what about BEFORE final payment?

In the past, I booked a regular rate (NOT Early Saver).

If there was a price drop (before final payment), I would call my TA and he would get the price adjusted to the new lower price (i.e., price I pay is lowered, not given to me via onboard credit).

With Early Saver, it says you (or your TA) have to fill out a form to request the price adjustment, and it says it will be given in the form of onboard credit.

If I book Early Saver and the price drops BEFORE final payment, can I just call my TA, as I usually have done, to get the price lowered? Or am I stuck with having to send in a form and only get onboard credit (as opposed to just a lowering of the price).

I understand that AFTER final payment, the form and onboard credit makes sense. But what about BEFORE final payment?

We usually always book ES, and Yes, before final payment I always contact Carnival and have them adjust my rate to the new lower rate (I don't use a TA or a PVP), and have never had an issue. After final payment I submit the form as per the guidelines of ES and get the OBC.

IF you book thru a TA, then the TA will need to submit the form. If you book thru a PVP or online directly with Carnival then you submit the form. If there is a balance owed on your account then that amount will be reduce by the amount of the price drop. If the balance is paid in full them you will receive OBC. For those that have paid in full before final payment date I have heard both some get OBC others request and receive refund to their credit card.

Even if you book with Carnival and call your PVP, technically they are submitting the form for you. The PVP doesn't make the decision, it goes to another dept for approvals. Your PVP may already know the answer, but it still needs approvals and signed off. I've already called my PVP and he puts me on hold and has the manager do the approval right there if its not a complicated adjustment.