jitney to pirates, straw market, junkanoo beach?

bdisney

I'm going on my first cruise, carnival, alone with my 3 kids. In Nassau I want to do the pirates museum, the straw market, and maybe Junkanoo beach. Is there jitneys from the cruise port that go to all those locations? I know they are somewhat close, but i'm not sure if my youngest will be able to do all that walking. Are cabs safe to take? And if so how much would they run to all those? Also is it possible to get off our ship, return to ship for lunch, and then get back off again?

I'm going on my first cruise, carnival, alone with my 3 kids. In Nassau I want to do the pirates museum, the straw market, and maybe Junkanoo beach. Is there jitneys from the cruise port that go to all those locations? I know they are somewhat close, but i'm not sure if my youngest will be able to do all that walking. Are cabs safe to take? And if so how much would they run to all those? Also is it possible to get off our ship, return to ship for lunch, and then get back off again?

The straw market it just 2 blocks from the port exit. If you go out the main entrance of the market, and cross the street - the jitney (bus) is on the corner.

1 more short block, you're at the pirates museum.

From there, you can grab a jitney for $1.25 pp and go to the beach. (it's a short walk, but the kids may not be in the mood for another 10 minute walk.

Cabs are safe, but it would cost you a fair amount of $$ to make these stops, since everything is one way and they would have to keep circling around the city to drop you at these easy stops.

Of course, you can return to the ship for lunch and get back off.

BTW.. you cannot bring food off the ship unless it is prepackaged in the manufactures wrapping (like granola bars, chips, etc).