Summit Craft Beer List

Sapphire723

Hi Everyone,

Hubby and I sailed on the Summit about a year and a half ago, and we loved it. One of the best parts for us was Michael's, because at the time it was a craft beer bar. We're both big craft beer drinkers, but my husband is more so than I. We booked a cruise for January, and I just found out through my roll call that Michael's is unavailable to us lowly aqua class sailers. :eek: While the venue was pretty cool, the main draw was the great beer list. Before I break my husband's heart, I would like to see if I can soften the blow by determining what the alternatives are.

I'm hoping that since the close of Michael's as a craft beer bar, at least some of the great beer menu has shifted to other bars. Can anyone confirm this is true and if so which bars? Does anyone have a recent list of craft beers available on the Summit? This may make the difference of our choice in drink packages/not getting a drink package at all.

Fingers crossed that they still have some great ones on there. Last time, my husband drank Delirium and 60 Minute the most, and I cleared out the ship's supply of La Fin Du Monde three days in. :D If the list is now mostly Bud, Miller, Heineken, and Coors, I will have one very sad spouse.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS Bonus points if your beer list also has prices!

Just off the summit and they have lot more than just bud, miller, heine etc. Not sure what a craft beer is but I had my fill of New Castle and fat tire. They several brands from the pacific northwest. Different bars had different beers so shop around.

Have Fun. It was a great cruise for us.

Just off the summit and they have lot more than just bud, miller, heine etc. Not sure what a craft beer is but I had my fill of New Castle and fat tire. They several brands from the pacific northwest. Different bars had different beers so shop around.

Have Fun. It was a great cruise for us.

Thanks for the info.

I would consider a macro brewery to be a large producer of beer (I forget what the exact cutoff of production is), usually the Buds, Millers, Guinness, Heineken, Coors, etc. Micro breweries are smaller producers. Craft breweries, in my words, would be an independent brewer that adheres to certain limitations of production and ingredients. In your examples, I would consider New Castle to not be a craft beer because it's a Heineken product now, but Fat Tire would be craft. The categorizations of what is considered craft can be really fuzzy, and imho, it matters less if something is considered "craft" and more that you enjoy it!

While Fat Tire isn't our very favorite, we both like it, so your report is a good sign. :D I'm sure we'll have an awesome cruise either way, but we might not splurge on a drink package ahead of time if the beer list is limited.

I've got the same issues/concerns/worries Sapphire723 for our forthcoming crusie around Australia on Solstice. As a home brewer/consumer/lover I'm generally looking for different beers that provide something the thin commercial beers can't provide - flavour! I'm not saying the commercial stuff is bad beer, it's just not to my liking any more. I've been called a beer snob, but I prefer beer enthusiast. If others like the commercial offerings then more power to them - I just like the flavour/variety/uniqueness that craft brewers can provide.

Solstice is down here in Australia for summer. I've seen the beer lists for both Classic and Premium packages but wondered if she might be carrying something different if she's provisioning out of Australia. I've asked a few time on various CC threads about the beers I can expect on board. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised although it's not looking great at this stage.

Cheers

Rob

I've got the same issues/concerns/worries Sapphire723 for our forthcoming crusie around Australia on Solstice. As a home brewer/consumer/lover I'm generally looking for different beers that provide something the thin commercial beers can't provide - flavour! I'm not saying the commercial stuff is bad beer, it's just not to my liking any more. I've been called a beer snob, but I prefer beer enthusiast. If others like the commercial offerings then more power to them - I just like the flavour/variety/uniqueness that craft brewers can provide.

Solstice is down here in Australia for summer. I've seen the beer lists for both Classic and Premium packages but wondered if she might be carrying something different if she's provisioning out of Australia. I've asked a few time on various CC threads about the beers I can expect on board. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised although it's not looking great at this stage.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

I know that the old craft beer availability at Michael's was impressive. Hopefully, someone can confirm that a good portion of that still exists!

The beers have moved to the wine cellar up on the 5th floor in the back. They do not have as many but a good choice to drink from. I had a premium drink package so I did not need to worry too bad as there were beers I did not have to pay for. They open at about 5 pm I think. I was on for 3 weeks this October. Olga was the great server back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get a limited selection of the beer's displaced by the changeover of Michael's at the Wine Bar. They even moved the "beer sommelier" to the wine bar.

I was happy to see they carried over the champagne beer from Michael's to the wine bar, which is my favorite even at $14/glass.

The beers have moved to the wine cellar up on the 5th floor in the back. They do not have as many but a good choice to drink from. I had a premium drink package so I did not need to worry too bad as there were beers I did not have to pay for. They open at about 5 pm I think. I was on for 3 weeks this October. Olga was the great server back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get a limited selection of the beer's displaced by the changeover of Michael's at the Wine Bar. They even moved the "beer sommelier" to the wine bar.

I was happy to see they carried over the champagne beer from Michael's to the wine bar, which is my favorite even at $14/glass.

Thank you both. I'm glad they have at least some of them still. :)

• 3 months later...