Is Waterworks, pool and ropes course open during embarkation

mikem1977

We are going on the sunshine on Dec 14th and wondering if the pools and rope course are open during embarkation. These are what our kids are most looking forward too and we are hoping that they can start using them early just in case the weather gets bad while out at sea.

That ship is the oddball of the fleet, but if they stick to what all the others do, then yes, those things will be open during embarkation, weather permitting. On the Dream, they had the waterslides open at embarkation in January, even though it was 61 degrees. A few crazy people (me) went on the slides.

Everything was open at embarkation when we sailed on the Magic, and that was absolutely the best time to use the ropes course. It was frequently closed because of wind while we were at sea and we were too busy on port days. And of course wear your swimsuits or bring them in your carry on so the kids can get right into the pool and waterslides if it's not especially cold. If it is cold, it's a great time to use the hot tubs when they're not packed.

I did an 8 day on the sunshine in May. Not only was it never open on embarkation day but it only opened one day out of the entire trip with calm seas and little wind. I have no clue what was going on and of course they could give no reason why.

We are going on the sunshine on Dec 14th and wondering if the pools and rope course are open during embarkation. These are what our kids are most looking forward too and we are hoping that they can start using them early just in case the weather gets bad while out at sea.

We were just on the Breeze and they were all open! We did them all!

Make sure they wear close toe shoes for the ropes course. Last year on the Magic had to listen to my brother wine about luggage not being in room to get shoes. He won't make that mistake again. Its a good time to try while still in port as not much movement. Great fun

So it looks like its hit and miss, we will keep our fingers crossed they will be. Thanks for the tip about the closed toe shoes, we will make sure they are wearing them during embarkation.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app