RCCL Enhancements question

missliad

I have 2 burning questions :D :

1. If I wanted to use silk flowers and use any of the RRomance flowers they list in the wedding package, would RRomance give me a credit for this?:rolleyes:

2. If I wanted a certain cake style/design, could I use an outside vendor to make it & deliver it to port or would I have to go through RRomance to have them make it? (i'm planning to have the ceremony in port on embarkation day). I've think I remember a post where someone gave the cruise lines pictures of the design they wanted for their cake...not too sure.

I wanted to know what other peoples' experience was with requesting these type of substitutions/enhancements. I dont want to be a bridezilla about these requests, because these are probably the only 2 'specialty' requests I will be making...just dont know if these are reasonable requests or not.

Thanks in advance!

1. If I wanted to use silk flowers and use any of the RRomance flowers they list in the wedding package, would RRomance give me a credit for this?:rolleyes:

You are welcome to use silk flowers, but RR will not give you a credit for the flowers that come with your pacakge. Just so you know, the floral decorations are silk. So only the flowers for the wedding party would be fresh. With my package, the only fresh flowers were the groom's boutonierre and the brides bouquet (which you could always use as a toss bouquet). We didn't use either, but used silk flowers for the entire wedding party. I loved them, and they were quite inexpensive in comparison to the cost of RR's fresh flower options.

2. If I wanted a certain cake style/design, could I use an outside vendor to make it & deliver it to port or would I have to go through RRomance to have them make it? (i'm planning to have the ceremony in port on embarkation day). I've think I remember a post where someone gave the cruise lines pictures of the design they wanted for their cake...not too sure.

You might have trouble using an outside vendor for the cake. One of this issues is that everything brought onto the ship has to clear customs. And with a non-RCCL vendor, they might not allow it. RR will definitely honor "special requests", like a particular style cake. But if you want something other than what's in "the package", it will cost extra. In some cases, ALOT extra. What you should do is submit a photo of the cake you'd like and get them to give you a quote as to the extra cost. Once you know for sure what the cost will be, you can decide if it's worth it or not.

Just a word of advice. The packages include alot. But as soon as you ask for things outside of the standard packages, the costs can add up really quickly. For example, I looked into a special request for a bouquet. They wanted to charge me over $200 in addition to the cost that was already built into the package. That's one of the reasons I decided to go with silk flowers. In the end, there were some things that were really important to us to have exactly what we wanted, so it was worth the extra money. For other things, we just went with what RCCL provided and were not disappointed. I can tell you that the cake that RCCL provided was gorgeous, not to mention delicious. That wasn't a priority for us, but it was nice surprise to have such a yummy cake.

Regarding the cake --- I am afraid I don't remember how many options there were. This about the last decision I made with RR (10 days out) and I wasn't paying that close attention. I knew what I wanted, so I didn't really listen to the other options. I know that I had a choice of several different cake flavors (chocolate, yellow, etc) as well as filings like buttercream, chocolate, a couple of fruit fillings.

Those were great pictures!! I have been freaking out over the cake. Was that the cake that came with the package or did you upgrade? We are having about 60 guests and want to make sure there is enough cake for everyone. I am happy to read that you get to choose the cake type and filling (this was more of a concern for my FI than myself...).

Did you provide your own runner or did they have that for you? I have not purchased one yet becuase I wasn't sure.

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Archived