Getaway / Breakaway Sofa Bed Adult opinion?

Beth C

I'll be sailing as the 3rd on the sofa bed and wondering what the actual "comfort" level of these sofa beds are from an adult perspective.

Since i'm the "kid who sails free" in our cabin... for $115.94 I really don't mind the sofa bed... heck for $115.94 i'll sleep on a pool lounger and become the ultimate chair hog LOL

The sofa bed last cruise on the Dawn was a ?slide out double that was about as soft as the pool deck so I modified it with the extra comforter hidden to make the twins into the king. Are they the same type on the new ships?

They have to be a step up from the horrible one on Royal ship that had the metal bar on the diagonal... was no getting away from it!

We'll have a day pre-cruise to go shopping and I'm not opposed to stopping in a wallymart or target and picking up a thin air mattress or mattress topper if the sofa beds are really uncomfy. Since we're in an accessible O1 we have the real estate I could even go for one of these LOL

500-407821-894__1.jpg

What room type? In the FWD suite on Breakaway, the "sofa bed" was nothing more than the sofa cushion and pillows rearranged with bed sheets. As you could imagine, it was not at all comfortable.

We're in an O1 Family oceanview that can sleep 5 (2 twins, 2 on double sofa bed and 1 pullman) I'll be the inhabitant of the sofa bed.

This was the Dawn sofa bed - same type?

IMG_0143.jpg.80a4c719a860e4761df719d2b1e67ee2.jpg