Live from the Reflection, Dec. 6

kenevenpar

I also agree with your comments re: chair hogs. Now, we didn't sit around the pool decks much, but even on sea days at high noon I saw open chairs. There may not have been clusters of 4-5 open, more like 1-2 here and there, but they were there. Plenty in the solarium- which we were in quite a bit. I remember over hearing someone complain about chair hogs in the solarium and realized they didn't know that the rolled towels meant a chair wasn't in use. They thought it was people holding a chair rather than the attendants having placed fresh towels on chairs.

One additional comment re: Solarium chairs. While nicely padded, at least for me, they do not adjust upward enough. To read, I ended up with 6 or 7 towels as supports. Having said that, I did enjoy the Solarium. It is a wonderful space.

Arno,

I find your comment about HAL intriguing. As one who has yet to sail HAL; but is curious as to what it's like, can you shed some insight on why after 16 cruises with them you've not been back? Is it just coincidence, or conscious effort?

I don't want to hijack this thread but since someone posted they will never be back to Celebrity...

smoking policy

ship layout: Westerdam was our last experience and we prefer M-class much better

Activities: We enjoy Trivia and HAL reduced/eliminated activities staff. Few put in effort to continually change questions for repeat cruisers.

Lack of a meaningful Loyalty Program.

Inertia: One tends to stay with a company unless something happens to push them away or another Line does something to attract repeat business.

I read HAL threads infrequently but I'm amazed how often there are plumbing A/C problems on HAL ships.

Now we know too many friendly crew and staff members with whom we wish to sail again. I never got that feeling on HAL.

HAL has some wonderful itineraries however and I would love to take a world cruise.

Celebrity has been reducing activities and too much entertainment is centered around the grand atrium and some of their music is loud rather than good. I miss a lounge with a dance floor (Rendezvous) on S-class but the live bands are good. On HAL good live music was sadly lacking (except for the strings).

We have been altering what we do in response to Celebrity's changes. It will be interesting to see what the new "Iconic" ships will offer.

There is lots of choice out there and more capacity is coming (Virgin Cruise Line) new builds etc.

For now Celebrity Zenith perks have put a platinum ball & chain around my ankles.

Edited by Arno.