Syria, Libya and Lebanon in 2005

cruzemaven

Probably no less safe than taking trains in Spain, visiting synagogues in Istanbul or Tunisia, touring Luxor, staying at Kenyan beach resorts, or working in tall buildings in Lower Manhattan.

Translation for those who don't speak Irony: Nowhere is guaranteed safe anymore.

LargerGrumpyBear.gif

Run for your lives; it's a grumpily pedantic bear.

Matsonia 6/59

Silver Cloud 12/00

Harmony 5/01

Silver Whisper 9/01

Ecstasy 12/01

Deutschland 7/02

Silver Shadow 11/02

Royal Clipper 4-5/03

Silver Wind 12/03-1/04

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=08>

<param name="day" value=07>

<param name="hour" value=18>

</applet>

until Inside Passage on Cruise West's Spirit of Discovery.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=08>

<param name="day" value=27>

<param name="hour" value=18>

</applet>

until Svalbard Circumnavigation on Akademik Vavilov.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruzemaven:

I found it unusual that the Silver Seas cruiseships will be calling on ports in countries that support and harbor terrorist organizations. Are they safe for American tourists?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mrs uk1 and I were looking at the cruise and we really fancy it. It gives us the opportunity of having a quick look at several cities that we wanted to look at in one go. Several of the cities on the itinerary are headquarters for different terrorist groups.

This cruise has of course much more risks than taking trains in Spain or working in tall buildings in lower manhattan, but I guess it will be interesting to see how quickly this particular cruise is either rerouted or what level of Silver Sailing discount is applied closer to the date! That will give some indication of how many bookings it receives.

>>I found it unusual that the Silver Seas cruiseships will be calling on ports in countries that support and harbor terrorist organizations.<<

Not to mention countries that invade other nations under false pretenses and without provocation. Dang! If Silversea were to boycott every country that's on somebody's political blacklist, it wouldn't be able to go anywhere but Canada. :-)

--

Durant Imboden

Europeforvisitors.com

Originally posted by goeurope:

Not to mention countries that invade other nations under false pretenses and without provocation. Dang! If Silversea were to boycott every country that's on somebody's political blacklist, it wouldn't be able to go anywhere but Canada. :-)

I've got to agree with Durant on this issue. It's another option for an interesting itinerary for those who feel comfortable going there. For me personally, and with no disrespect to others who may not agree, I'm really tired of living in someone else's definition of fear.

Regards,

bldsld

[This message was edited by bldsld on 06-17-04 at 08:07 PM.]

Archived