Silhouette- Dec 21 - Puerto Rico Cancelled

trio on the move

to the ship travelling at a slower speed and would not make it to the port in time. I know this happened at least once before on the Silhouette for the latest Thanksgiving cruise - not sure if it was because of weather - or - engine issues. Does anyone know?

We are completely disappointed that the ship will not be going to Puerto Rico, even though it was a ridiculously short stop.

Celebrity offered us 100 dollars for compensation - we would rather have cancelled and booked another cruise - but of course this is impossibe at this late date.

Does anyone have anymore info on all of this?

Does anyone have anymore info on all of this?

At the time of me posting there are 4 threads talking about the Silhouettes propulsion problem on the first page, loads of info.

Edited by dwhe

Azipod bearing problem limits speed to 17 knots. Ship due to go to drydock in early January.

Thank you. Your brevity and conciseness is appreciated. Interesting, when pressed, Celebrity said it was only a "minor variance in speed." Reduction of speed by approximately 1/3 is not what I would call minor.