My Regatta Experience 11/28/14 to 12/5/14

HeatherInFlorida

Heather,

I could not agree with you more. I sailed on Regatta in 2012 and loved it. We did a transatlantic crossing, Lisbon to NYC. I loved being on the smaller ship with 3 or 4 uninterrupted days at sea.

The staff was superb.

We had purchased the beverage package and by day 2, the bar staff stopped asking for my room card for drinks. One of the sommelier's was from Croatia and the manager of Waves during the day and was a maître d in the MDR at night, was from Bosnia. They were the funniest guys on the ship.

One day I was lounging on the Balinese Day Bed, perhaps the greatest thing ever invited, and the pool bartender came by and asked if I needed anything. I ordered a beer and asked for some potato chips. He said they didn't have any. I told him I knew there were chips on the ship and he agreed but added that they were not available poolside. With that he disappeared. He returned a few minutes later with a large bowl of potato chips, swearing me to secrecy. I promised I would not tell anyone on the ship were I got the chips. I had other guests asking me the rest of the trip.

When we landed in NYC, Oceania had arranged a tour for some of the crew from midnight to 4:00am as we were not debarking until the next morning. A friend of the Bosnian Maître d, came over to my table at waves and talked for 20 minutes wanting to know what he should wear.

Those are just some of the examples of the willingness of the staff to make passengers feel as comfortable as possible.

In two weeks I am cruising French Polynesia on Marina. I love Oceania.

James

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...