Bus Service

Leafpeeper

We have been to Grand Cayman on cruises, but this year we are staying at Morrits Tortuga Club, a timeshare on the east end. Does anyone know if there is bus service from the airport there? DH prefers to cruise so I am hoping we can get around the island by bus when he gets restless.

We have been to Grand Cayman on cruises, but this year we are staying at Morrits Tortuga Club, a timeshare on the east end. Does anyone know if there is bus service from the airport there? DH prefers to cruise so I am hoping we can get around the island by bus when he gets restless.

Rent a car. Morritts is quite far from town and the major attractions, probably a $100 taxi ride each way, and there's not much in the neighbourhood within walking distance. Technically there are buses, but not to the level that I'd want to rely on them for transportation for a week of vacation.

Edited by bookbabe

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to jump on a bus like we do in Bermuda and rest for a couple days before renting a car and going anywhere. Last month we went to Virginia Beach and didn't do anything but rest for 3 days. We had our car but didn't use it.

We love our cruises from NY cuz we have 2 or 3 sea days to relax before we hit any Caribbean ports. Will enjoy

NCL Gem Jan 30. Can't wait for that.

Depending on when you go, the smaller cars will cost the same or less for a week than the two taxi rides, so it's a good deal even if you don't use it every day. There is a rental place across the road from Morritt's if you do decide not to rent for the full time, however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McCurley's Tours serves the East End resorts. They provide airport transportation as well as rental cars. They don't have a website, but a quick Google search should get you their cell phone numbers.

There are one or two other car rental options by the resorts in East End. Ask your concierge desk at your resort and they can get you set up with a car for a day or two.

• 4 weeks later...

To elaborate a bit....

The buses do not service the airport. The cloest bus route reaches the intersection by Mango Tree Restaurant, about a mile. That is a bit far to carry your luggage. There is no guarantee that a bus would have sufficient room to carry your luggage anyway.

Bus service is spotty at best at Morritts. You may stand by the roadside there for an hour or more before a bus passes. DO NOT rely on a bus if you are staying at an East End resort.

If you are stayin in East End then you need to figure the cost of a rental car into your budget unless you just plan on staying at the resort the whole time. There is very little else in walking distance.