Calling home from Bermuda

generalcindy

I realize that the Majesty has the internet avaible, but I won't feel happy, unless I can reach my kids by phone while we are away.. What is really the best course for me to go ? I'm sure that my cellphone won't work in Bermuda.. Should i purchase a clling card while we are there ?? I like to be able to hear their vioces and not just srnd as e-mail.. I have a twenty year old son that is satying home alone :eek: , and a 17 year old daughter that is staying with her older sister.. so you can imagine that I want to keep in touch.. any adivse ??? :D

I actually use T-Mobile for my cellular service. Been to Bermuda many times and have always been able to use my cellphone. The only thing is, no matter what service you use, the island servie is AT&T, so you will be making calls through them and not your own carrier. I actually found this out when i stopped at an island AT&T store to ask them why my cellular phone, where it normally says T-Mobile on the screen it now says AT&T. When i returned to the states it automatically switched back over to T-Mobile. Just beware of the rates, since you are going through another company and not your own, there is the possibility for them to toss some weird connection charges on your account. Money-wise to call home once or twice, i would still go the calling card route. Regardless of what you choose, be sure to have a great cruise!:)

Plus Bermuda is a foreign country so no matter who your carrier is, you will be paying the higher international rates. You are best off to get a prepaid calling card when you get off the ship. Because I know I can talk quite awhile even if I am just checking in:)

Archived