Amtrak train???

ROMEOANDJULIET91

We are arriving by train into New Orleans. Our hotel is on Canal Street. What is the best way and the cost to get from the station to the hotel?

Should we take a streetcar or taxi...or any other ideas? Two adults traveling.

Thanks.

We are also arriving by Amtrak to sail on the Serenade, but our cruise is February 21st, 2015. I believe that a taxi might be your only form of transportation. The street car line doesn't appear to be near the train station. I don't know the cost, but a taxi is our plan. I've been trying to figure out if taxis will be available at the train station or if we'll have to call for one. Looking at a map, Canal Street appears to be about 12 blocks north of Union Station, so guessing it's a 10 minute ride. Also here's a link to get a free copy of the New Orleans Visitor's Guide 2015. http://www.neworleanscvb.com/visit/request-vg/

I just asked my neighbor who has travel there twice by train and she stated as soon as you exit there are taxis waiting...no call needed and about $15 should get you to the hotel.:p

We are also arriving by Amtrak to sail on the Serenade, but our cruise is February 21st, 2015. I believe that a taxi might be your only form of transportation. The street car line doesn't appear to be near the train station. I don't know the cost, but a taxi is our plan. I've been trying to figure out if taxis will be available at the train station or if we'll have to call for one. Looking at a map, Canal Street appears to be about 12 blocks north of Union Station, so guessing it's a 10 minute ride. Also here's a link to get a free copy of the New Orleans Visitor's Guide 2015. http://www.neworleanscvb.com/visit/request-vg/

• 3 weeks later...

I just returned from New Orleans and there is now a streetcar line that runs from the Amtrak Station on Tulane over to Canal Street. I'm not saying it's the best way to get over to Canal, but it would be the least expensive. A one way ticket on a streetcar is only $1.25 and a full day pass is $3.00. You can buy the pass from the motorperson on the streetcar.