Anyone planning to cancel their Family Cabana On Dream Dec 22 Sailing?

jaimedag

If anyone is planning to cancel, please let me know and we can switch over. I am more than happy to take it off your hands :)

We only booked a month ago, so naturally the cabanas were sold out and I have been checking a thousand times a day ever since.

TIA

Jaime

Even if they did (and the odds of finding them on here are astronomical) there's no way to put yourself next in line for it. Goes to next person who sees it.

You could do it "behind the scenes" by just handing off the wrist bands and paying the new family while they pay DCL. However, to do it thru the system, the above is right. If someone cancels, the next person to contact DCL gets it.

Continue to try, even to the point of port adventures on board. People DO want to cancel, and if they cancel after boarding they will lose their money unless another family picks it up. Port Adventures sometimes even maintains a wait list so that if someone wants to back out, they can be offered to ability to do it at no financial loss.

You could do it "behind the scenes" by just handing off the wrist bands and paying the new family while they pay DCL. However' date=' to do it thru the system, the above is right. If someone cancels, the next person to contact DCL gets it.

Continue to try, even to the point of port adventures on board. People DO want to cancel, and if they cancel after boarding they will lose their money unless another family picks it up. Port Adventures sometimes even maintains a wait list so that if someone wants to back out, they can be offered to ability to do it at no financial loss.[/quote']

Exactly, my purpose for putting it on this board was to organize a "behind the scenes" switch out. Tomorrow is our "D" day where it is the last day for cancellations, so I will be living on the website all day. Thanks!

As they move to rfid bands/keys this won't work anymore as your cabana reservation will be tied to your band.

Not sure when this is happening, but its been pretty clear magic band tech will be moving to the ships eventually. I'm waiting for AquaDuck fastpasses.

You could do it "behind the scenes" by just handing off the wrist bands and paying the new family while they pay DCL. However' date=' to do it thru the system, the above is right. If someone cancels, the next person to contact DCL gets it.

Continue to try, even to the point of port adventures on board. People DO want to cancel, and if they cancel after boarding they will lose their money unless another family picks it up. Port Adventures sometimes even maintains a wait list so that if someone wants to back out, they can be offered to ability to do it at no financial loss.[/quote']

I don't doubt that this technology is coming to the ships, but as of right now it is not in use.

Currently the only place using the band technology is the Oceaneer's Club/Lab.

As of a couple weeks ago, cabanas were still being handled with plastic wrist bands placed in the guest's room. If there has been a change, it has been very recent (like last week), and I strongly suspect that the various boards would have reported it.

On the Fantasy, we never waited more than about 10 minutes for the AquaDuck. Avoid prime time and you'll have no problem.

Edited by moki'smommy

I had a cabana last week and it was green bands. I don't see a need to have anything other than the green bands. They only use them to tell if you belong on the cabana beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly as it has been since the cabanas were built!