Smoking and alcohol policy in the Caribbean on ventura

ellyg1824

Hi, I'm sure this has been asked before but what is the smoking policy onboard ? Got a balcony but are p&o like other lines where as they have banned smoking on balconies ? Also do they sell uk cigarettes on board ? Are you allowed to take your own alcohol on board as you can with celebrity sailing out of southampton? Thanks for any answers x

You are correct, no smoking on balcony, in cabin, bars etc. Designated areas on deck only.

No problem bringing alcohol on board unless you are inebriated at the time!! Either take alcohol from UK Airport or if you arrive in good time at Barbados there are a couple of very reasonably priced shops in the terminal.

Hi ellyg1824

P&O smoking policy is fully explained on their website, however briefly smoking is not allowed in staterooms or balconies and is only allowed on certain areas of the open decks (starboard/right hand side as you look towards the front/bow of the ship).

P&O are rather civilalised and allow you take alcohol including spirits onboard in reasonable quantaties but reserve the right to confiscate same( I would assume that this is where you are weighed down by drink or where you have been causing problems onboard through alcohol misuse). Alcohol taken onboard is for cabin use otherwise there is a corkage charge levied. You can also take alcohol aboard at ports of call.

I have never seen anyone abuse this privilege regarding alcohol on any of our P&O cruises and I for one appreciate it as I like an afternoon balcony G&T.

Have a great cruise.