Cozumel-Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos

Cruisebro0509

My girlfriend and I are planning on visiting Cozumel on an upcoming Carnival cruise. We just had a few questions about the differences between Mr. Sanchos & Paradise beach and some clarification on some terms. We plan on drinking and were wondering how much drinks cost at each place if we PAYG (beers & specialty drinks). Has anyone done the Snuba at Mr. Sanchos, if so how was it (worth the $)? Does the AI include a cabanna or massages at either location? When you say, "water toys" does this include Jetskis? How much are Jetskis with the AI? Which location has less kids/more poeple in their twenties and thirties? I know I am asking a lot, but any adice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

My girlfriend and I are planning on visiting Cozumel on an upcoming Carnival cruise. We just had a few questions about the differences between Mr. Sanchos & Paradise beach and some clarification on some terms. We plan on drinking and were wondering how much drinks cost at each place if we PAYG (beers & specialty drinks). Has anyone done the Snuba at Mr. Sanchos, if so how was it (worth the $)? Does the AI include a cabanna or massages at either location? When you say, "water toys" does this include Jetskis? How much are Jetskis with the AI? Which location has less kids/more poeple in their twenties and thirties? I know I am asking a lot, but any adice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Beers are usually about $4-5 while cocktails are $6-7 with frozen drinks on the higher end.

AI is food and drinks only - you'll pay extra for massage, cabana, water toys, etc.

The "water toys" are the floating iceberg and other things out in the water - jet skis, snuba, etc. will cost extra.

PB will attract more kids/families, but is also larger and more spread out. If you want AI then go to Mr. Sanchos.

PB - cocktails $9-10 - on their menu it states mandatory tips of 20% for groups of 6 or more, bucket of beer was 4/$20 - the beach next door had 6/$20 - just walk over - its called San Francisco- also had 8 small coronas/$20 - not sure if San Francisoco charges to be on their beach but PB charged a mandatory $3 per person weather you want to use chairs or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some questions about Sancho's for those who have been there.

I have been once for the AI and I am wondering if they actually have separate sides for the non inclusive and the AI? :confused: I keep asking Mr S on facebook and other places for pics just of the non inclusive side but I get no feedback on that. I was trying to decide on if I should just go without buying the AI b/c I want to enjoy the awesome setup they have (swim up bar, big hammock beds, etc) there but I also want to do some of the excursions they offer so I wouldn't want to pay $50 plus all the other stuff.

If there is a non inclusive side I'd like to see pics if anyone has them.

Thanks.

I forgot to ask... How is the snorkeling through Mr. S? I snorkeled right off the beach and there was nothing to see. Do they take you to an area with lots of sea life?

Thanks for this. We were thinking of doing the Snuba instead of the snorkeling and I was wondering if it is much better. Also, I am very curious about the Pay As You Go side too, since we are doing the snuba and I would hate to pay for 2.5 hours of AI.

• 2 weeks later...

My friends and I did the pay as you go side last year. We were a group of 4 young adults. We drank Corona or Sol all day and shared some nachos and guac. Our bill was around $90. It was very reasonable. We weren't there to sit and get hammered, just enjoy casual beers throughout the day. We also weren't looking to eat a lot as we ate breakfast on the boat and went back for dinner on the boat. We didn't even come close to spending the $200 we would've with AI. The side we were on was nice. Nice beach, nice tables, great service, easy access to the water toys, a small pool and Wifi access when sitting by the pool. I would do pay as you go again in a heart beat unless I was planning on having several frozen drinks and lots of food.

I have been once for the AI and I am wondering if they actually have separate sides for the non inclusive and the AI? :confused:

Thanks.

They keep the two sides apart so that AI customers will not share their unlimited drinks with pay-as-you-go customers. Check reviews from Mitsugirly who has lots of pictures of Mr. Sanchos facilities.