Christmas gift (how to reveal to kids)

KSUSHAQ

When I was a child, my parents decided to give my brothers and I a cruise as a Christmas Gift. I am 30 now, but we still always talk about it!

They put a box together for each of us (Xerox paper box to be exact). In the box they wrapped gifts - travel games, beach towels, snorkeling gear, travel accessories, etc. The fun part was for no apparent reason, we were only allowed to open one gift every 15 minutes (this was more mean then fun!:rolleyes:) Finally, there was a envelope in the box that we were not allowed to open until last. So by the end of the what felt like 3 hours, we were wondering where we were going with all of these travel things we opened. By this point, the excitement was to the extreme! Finally, when we got to open the envelope, my parents took the picture of the ship and itinerary and dates and blew it up to 11x17 and laminated it to serve as placemats so we could look at it every night at dinner with full anticipation and excitement to go on our cruise! :D It's amazing how much getting a cruise for Christmas stuck. I'm sure no matter how you decide to do it, they will love it!

The laminated place mats is a greatrr idea. I have bought some in tourist shops in Europe, the Caribbean etc and they are such fun. I n ever thought to make my own. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Well, I'm going a little overboard (no pun intended) this year. We are staking our four grandchildren on an Alaskan cruise next August. I'm making it a story. I haven't got it totally thought/done out but it will go something like this. Haven/Lyric (find present with name #1) and it will be a jet liner for them to fly into San Francisco on. Catamaran for trip around Alcatraz. Bears, black, brown and polar for each child (name and number), helicopter, stuffed whales, eagles, husky dogs, etc. Pictures for their cabins, inside and out. Closet hangers to organize. bathroom organizers. It should take them about an hour to open. We got most of the stuff at yard sales. We will have a brochure for each one that they will open etc. Hundred hours of work but not as much as the trip will cost. Oh, the kids will be 6, 8, 9 and 12. Oops, everyone is getting their own cameras, rain coats, new jackets, gloves etc. I'm obsessive, I admit but you could do a junior version of mine.