Skype setup on computers?

levonfan

Have never used computers that are available on the ships. Do they have Skype setup on them to make video calls?

Normally we completely disconnect when we go on vacation, but we will be away from our 2 year old for an entire week, and would love to be able to checkin and see her face while we are away.

We will be bringing my wife's tablet with spotify so we might have to pay for internet, but wonder if it is fast enough.

Thanks!

Have never used computers that are available on the ships. Do they have Skype setup on them to make video calls?

Normally we completely disconnect when we go on vacation, but we will be away from our 2 year old for an entire week, and would love to be able to checkin and see her face while we are away.

We will be bringing my wife's tablet with spotify so we might have to pay for internet, but wonder if it is fast enough.

Thanks!

I've never seen Skype installed on the ship's guest computers.

I've also never had good luck using the ship's internet for video. However, if you are on one of the ships with O3b internet (Quantum, and possibly Oasis/Allure), then video streaming might work. Otherwise, I'd look for a WiFi connection at one of the ports.

We were on Explorer in November 2014, and there was a woman who would Skype with her family while in the Internet lounge. I thought she was using one of the ship's computers, but I can't be 100% sure. Two things: everyone in the area could hear every word of her conversations, and it was incredibly annoying. She went on and on, and was using so much bandwidth, anyone who logged on after she did was out of luck. As soon as she finally finished, we were actually able to use the Internet normally, which is to say slow but usable.

Thanks!

Right now Spotify is $.99 for three months. Your can sync your whole playlist and able to play offline. No internet or data required!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums