My Picture Review of the Carnival Sunshine 12/6/14

JennN

And then, even more shocking, we went to Alchemy. Really, we aren't big drinkers but Alchemy gets you, especially when the staff is as great as they were!

14325_10154941489295015_6734293414953987288_n.jpg?oh=f7df825ed0aa326285b020f29f960db2&oe=55B04901&__gda__=1437779496_710e69f105fca5b7eee3e5a1d58f7aad

All hopped up on drinks, we went walking around to the shops and goofed around a bit...

10858603_10154941490895015_5387634473617608159_n.jpg?oh=7ccca61ddaeca7f28aaaa5c3e9941819&oe=55AD8E22&__gda__=1438254813_f81d369642f132e8e4da9c2c18ef6714

And looked at pictures and t-shirts and the like before needing to be back in the room for luggage pickup.

We may have sneaked out after packing for one last drink at Alchemy.

2vskm0l.jpg

And, no trip would be complete without our montage of towel animals!

We got up fairly early the next morning and my MIL came by to sit with us on the balcony as we docked back in home port. It was during the 3 days Florida called "winter" so that explained the chilly weather :)

Overall Impressions:

• WE LOVED THIS SHIP! My MIL and I rank it as #1 of all our trips thus far. Wife likes the Breeze a bit better.

• The staff were excellent - never an unhappy face.

• Serenity KICKED BOOTY! We have no kids and enjoyed the peace and tranquility of it being on the other side of the ship than the water park.

• Havana Bar is amazing for breakfast and to sit for other meals. DW loved Cuchina for lunch pasta and ate it every day.

• As always, the Steakhouse was great. JiJi's was yummy too! We didn't like the spiked shakes.

• The spa kinda stunk in comparison to the Dream but spending 15 minutes in there a day was fine and made the spa room worth it. Since we only paid $150 more than we would have in another room, it was a fine deal, especially to be so close to Serenity.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for reading and for letting me know that you did!

Jenn,

Thank you for sharing your review of the Sunshine!! We have booked her for March 2016! Nice to see a good review and loved the pictures!! Can't wait to park my butt at Alchemy and try some of those yummy drinks!

We're doing the same itinerary - although we've been to Grand Turk twice already - but that's OK!! So, it looked like you take your beer with you while shopping through the streets of Curacao?? If, so my husband will LOVE that!! Best way to get him to go shopping!! LOL

WOOHOOO you came back!! I've been following from the beginning and LOVED it! We sail in just 25 more days on this Beauty and I'm about ready to jump out of my skin! Your review was perfect, great mixture of pictures and commentary..! And after all your pics of the Alchemy bar, oooh I know where im going first! Its very refreshing to see a review that s positive about this ship, I know it hasn't gotten much love..But I try to take all of them with a grain of salt...And after crusing the Breeze twice, we got a little spoiled! But I figure, I'm not working, cooking or cleaning...its all good! If you have any tips please fill me in! And once again thanks for coming back and finishing, it was worth the wait!

And then, even more shocking, we went to Alchemy. Really, we aren't big drinkers but Alchemy gets you, especially when the staff is as great as they were!

14325_10154941489295015_6734293414953987288_n.jpg?oh=f7df825ed0aa326285b020f29f960db2&oe=55B04901&__gda__=1437779496_710e69f105fca5b7eee3e5a1d58f7aad

All hopped up on drinks, we went walking around to the shops and goofed around a bit...

10858603_10154941490895015_5387634473617608159_n.jpg?oh=7ccca61ddaeca7f28aaaa5c3e9941819&oe=55AD8E22&__gda__=1438254813_f81d369642f132e8e4da9c2c18ef6714

And looked at pictures and t-shirts and the like before needing to be back in the room for luggage pickup.

2vskm0l.jpg

We got up fairly early the next morning and my MIL came by to sit with us on the balcony as we docked back in home port. It was during the 3 days Florida called "winter" so that explained the chilly weather :)

Overall Impressions:

• WE LOVED THIS SHIP! My MIL and I rank it as #1 of all our trips thus far. Wife likes the Breeze a bit better.

• Serenity KICKED BOOTY! We have no kids and enjoyed the peace and tranquility of it being on the other side of the ship than the water park.

• Havana Bar is amazing for breakfast and to sit for other meals. DW loved Cuchina for lunch pasta and ate it every day.

• As always, the Steakhouse was great. JiJi's was yummy too! We didn't like the spiked shakes.

• The spa kinda stunk in comparison to the Dream but spending 15 minutes in there a day was fine and made the spa room worth it. Since we only paid $150 more than we would have in another room, it was a fine deal, especially to be so close to Serenity.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for reading and for letting me know that you did!

Hi There Jenn N

Thanks for your review really enjoyed it. We are sailing on the sunshine in June and not sailed with carnival before. Is the serenity free to go to? Also grand Turk is one of our destinations any tips for us other than don't do the one you did.

Thanks again

Juls

Jenn,

Thank you for sharing your review of the Sunshine!! We have booked her for March 2016! Nice to see a good review and loved the pictures!! Can't wait to park my butt at Alchemy and try some of those yummy drinks!

We're doing the same itinerary - although we've been to Grand Turk twice already - but that's OK!! So, it looked like you take your beer with you while shopping through the streets of Curacao?? If, so my husband will LOVE that!! Best way to get him to go shopping!! LOL

We went to a liquor store for DW and she asked about a local beer. We opened it outside of a cafe area and I just chugged it. Wasn't stopped. In the port area, you walk through a common area with lots of outdoor seating - we stopped there for a few drinks too!

Alchemy is the best and I think you will have a blast on the Sunshine!

WOOHOOO you came back!! I've been following from the beginning and LOVED it! We sail in just 25 more days on this Beauty and I'm about ready to jump out of my skin! Your review was perfect, great mixture of pictures and commentary..! And after all your pics of the Alchemy bar, oooh I know where im going first! Its very refreshing to see a review that s positive about this ship, I know it hasn't gotten much love..But I try to take all of them with a grain of salt...And after crusing the Breeze twice, we got a little spoiled! But I figure, I'm not working, cooking or cleaning...its all good! If you have any tips please fill me in! And once again thanks for coming back and finishing, it was worth the wait!

Thanks for sticking with me and for the kind words!!!

I'd be excited too if I were you. We just loved the trip so much. I just don't get what there is to complain about because, as you said, if I am not at home cleaning or at work then I am all good!!!

As far as tips...I don't know if I have any other than Havana Bar having yummy lunch and breakfast treats. Hmmm, lemme see if my travel compatriots have anything to add!

Hi There Jenn N

Thanks for your review really enjoyed it. We are sailing on the sunshine in June and not sailed with carnival before. Is the serenity free to go to? Also grand Turk is one of our destinations any tips for us other than don't do the one you did.

Thanks again

Juls

Thanks so much for the note.

Serenity is indeed, free. It's a nice retreat to stare at the water in peace and quiet! The pool is pretty cold so either be prepared for it or make sure it's a scorching day before jumping in!!!

Honestly, I think that for Grand Turk, be one of the first off the ship and grab a free beach chair. I wish we had snorkel gear and I know they sell it on the ship for $5 for a mask and snorkel. Walk down the beach to Jack's Shack for lunch. Margaritaville is overpriced and icky food. http://www.jacksshack.tc/

And bring sunscreen!

If you are a pool person, it too is free and the pool itself was pretty nice. Leave some time for souvenir shopping as well!

2vskm0l.jpg

Overall Impressions:

Thank you for your review! I have been reading up trying to decide if we should try the sunshine after some reviews I was skeptical. I'm glad I came across yours

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for your review! I have been reading up trying to decide if we should try the sunshine after some reviews I was skeptical. I'm glad I came across yours

We really enjoyed it. I mean, you are on a cruise, you are on vacation. Any time when I can have a drink in one hand and lay in the sun not having to worry about cleaning or cooking is a fun vacation to me!

For the naysayers, Carnival can't fix what they don't know. Write on John Heald's wall (had to do that from the Breeze on it's 2nd US trip and got things squared away) or tell customer service or your room steward!