Transportation between FLL and MIA

etluv2cruise

Hi: I am wondering if there is an alternative transportation mode other than taking a taxi from the airport at Fort Lauderdale to Miami International Airport?

My son will be flying back to Los Angeles from Miami, whereas my husband, daughter and I will be flying back to San Francisco from Fort Lauderdale. We are planning to take a taxi from the Port Everglades after we disembarked to FLL and have our luggage stored with Bags To Go, then hop on the Sun Trolley from FLL to Las Olas area to spend a few hours before coming back to FLL for our late afternoon/early evening flight back home.

I was told that there is a light rail type of transit that link FLL with MIA, if so, how frequent do they run and the approximate travel time between the two airport terminals.

Thank you!

Tri-Rail will get them from FLL to MIA for under $5 each IF they are not in a hurry.

http://www.tri-rail.com/

The cruise line transfer bus from PE to MIA is another option. Good luck! :)

Thank you for the response, Johnin DC. Do you happened to know if the stations are inside the FLL and MIA airport terminals or not? Or ia shuttle service will be needed to connect between the closest rail station to the respective airport terminals?

The option of using the cruise line transfer bus from PE to MIA would not work because my DS flight to Los Angeles would not be until 6 pm, and we will be storing our luggage @ FLL's "Bags To Go", as we plan on spending a few hours visiting the Las Olas area prior to our flights back to home.

Edited by etluv2cruise

The web site should answer your questions and give you some schedule ideas, but I believe there is a shuttle from the FLL airport to the FLL Tri-Rail station. There used to be a shuttle for MIA but I think that has now been fixed.

Hopefully one of the locals who has used Tri-Rail recently can confirm.

Bill - OP is looking for transport from the FLL airport to the MIA airport, not the cruise port. That said, the cab fare from FLL to either POM or MIA should be about $80 on the meter. Another post said UBER would make the run from FLL for about $55-60 - something we might check out in the future.