Filling the Bucket List

wilfros

Thanks to Everyone on this thread for your help. You have made our decision so much easier.

1 hour ago we booked a 7 day cruise on Disney Magic departing on March 1st. We are taking our Daughter in Law and 3 of our Grandchildren.

On all our cruises we have only admired DCL Ships from afar and I can't believe we will actually get our turn to try it out. As a Grandfather I am reliving my youth vicariously through my Grandchildren and will continue to do so during the cruise.

Once again this could not have happened so easily without your help :D

Have a Magical cruise!

Seriously' date=' you can't go wrong with the Magic. I wish we could PM on this site....I'd suggest specific servers to request, etc.[/quote']

Thank you so much but I am confident we can't go wrong with whoever we get. Our Daughter in Law is delaying the announcement to the kids till it gets a little closer. I don't blame her

I'm with your DIL--2 months is forever to kids. Give them a little advance notice so they can enjoy some anticipation but not enough to drive mom crazy! She probably knows the packing trick of placing all the clothing needed for one day/one kid in a zip lock bag (including undies and socks). It makes it very easy for the child to choose a bag to wear that day and largely eliminates the "end of trip/nothing matches/nothing to wear" issues. Also makes unpacking a breeze as you just move the bags from the suitcase to the drawer.

Cedomir is a dining room manager (he dresses like a head server, but is in charge of all the head servers in his room). We ask for his section, knowing that whichever serving team he assigns us to will be amazing. Branislov is a super server. In September he told us that he is training as a head server and would move between roles on different cruises depending on where they needed him. Jana (pronounced "Yanna") who runs the zumba classes for the crew is an amazing server. Sompoc has been on the Magic since day 1--again, super guy although we've never had him as a dinner server. We've watched him deal with circumstances beyond what anyone should have to endure with grace and do a great job. I'm forgetting several names I should mention....and many of our long time favorites are now wearing white suits (great for them, not so much for us!)

In Palo we always request Andrea from Croatia. If she's not on board, Kat from England is another top choice.

I won't say that ALL the servers are good as we've had some duds. But with Cedomir, you can't go wrong. Tell him that his girlfriend said hello (it's a joke...he's married with a kid!)

And don't be afraid to say this isn't to my taste or what we like, I'd rather eat faster etc!

The servers try to judge your pace and tastes, but sometimes they can get it wrong so don't be afraid to speak up to them first, or a head server next if anything is not excellent and as you would wish it!

No one is getting into trouble, so don't worry about that!

But Guest feedback is essential during the cruise!

Changes to training and service levels if needed is very valuable to DCL.

Although you can say the food or service was not to your liking, poor, bad on the questionnaire, it's too late for your cruise party and better to get it fixed for you to have a great cruise!

And genuine praise is always appreciated if they are great!

ex techie

We just booked the Fantasy for 2/28...my parents, my daughter & me. We love Royal Caribbean, but are so looking forward to experiencing this cruise through the eyes of a child. Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you, you have a fantastic time as well.

Thanks to Everyone on this thread for your help. You have made our decision so much easier.

1 hour ago we booked a 7 day cruise on Disney Magic departing on March 1st. We are taking our Daughter in Law and 3 of our Grandchildren.

On all our cruises we have only admired DCL Ships from afar and I can't believe we will actually get our turn to try it out. As a Grandfather I am reliving my youth vicariously through my Grandchildren and will continue to do so during the cruise.

Once again this could not have happened so easily without your help :D

I just returned 12/13 from the Fantasy and totally agree with you.

When my Grandson was born in 2011, my wife and I decided that same day that we were going to take him on a Disney cruise. Since we were both working, we started our fund the next paycheck and had planned on waiting until he was around 5 or 6 years old-- so we thought we had plenty of time.

My wife got sick in 2012 and passed in 2013, but I promised her that I would complete our goal. I had to take early Social Security so that I could be a full time caregiver and money became very tight, but, lets say that after hundreds of jars of peanut butter I made it happen. I moved the date up as I was now aware that I didn't know how many tomorrows there really are.

When you see the brightness on a child's face when they first see " Mickey's Boat ", See all of the characters, be pampered at dinner, dress like a pirate and shake hands with Jack Sparrow-- it melts your heart. If you approach the cruise with the feelings of " through the eyes of a child " and " our inner youth ", you will have a magical time that nothing can replace.

Sorry for being long here, but, your main points hit mine to a tee. Oh and don't be Grumpy-- Be Happy:D

I just returned 12/13 from the Fantasy and totally agree with you.

When my Grandson was born in 2011, my wife and I decided that same day that we were going to take him on a Disney cruise. Since we were both working, we started our fund the next paycheck and had planned on waiting until he was around 5 or 6 years old-- so we thought we had plenty of time.

My wife got sick in 2012 and passed in 2013, but I promised her that I would complete our goal. I had to take early Social Security so that I could be a full time caregiver and money became very tight, but, lets say that after hundreds of jars of peanut butter I made it happen. I moved the date up as I was now aware that I didn't know how many tomorrows there really are.

When you see the brightness on a child's face when they first see " Mickey's Boat ", See all of the characters, be pampered at dinner, dress like a pirate and shake hands with Jack Sparrow-- it melts your heart. If you approach the cruise with the feelings of " through the eyes of a child " and " our inner youth ", you will have a magical time that nothing can replace.

Sorry for being long here, but, your main points hit mine to a tee. Oh and don't be Grumpy-- Be Happy:D

Your post brought tears to my eyes. You said it perfectly! I'm glad you got to experience that with your grandson (& I'm sure your wife was there in spirit)! It really is priceless. My mom has been to the Disney Parks with DD (also born in 2011) since we live so close, but my dad has not been able to. I'm so looking forward to sharing it with all of them.