2015 Cruise Predictions

CruiseHealing

The conquest is the next in line to be moved to short cruises. And Carnival wouldn't be able to fill a 3000 passenger ship with mostly Americans year-round. Summer, maybe. But no other time. Why not this?

-Vista 1 goes to Galveston, giving up the Magic.

-Magic goes to Miami. Fufills Glory's run.

-Glory moves to Fort Lauderdale.

-Conquest can replace the Fantasy in Charleston, which can either be retired or moved to another location.

-Freedom can move to Long Beach, kicking out the Imagination and Miracle.

-Imagination can either go to San Diego, or Galveston, or a Boston/Port Canaveral itinerary (Ecstasy's old Canaveral itinerary was nice).

-Miracle can go to Tampa in the winter, and reposition to Barcelona in the Summer. Thus, a well-loved Carnival ship, 2200 passengers, will be much easier to fill.

That would bring back Tampa, and popular Europe cruises. Port Canaveral has a strong business now with Carnival, and many are flying in and out, specifically for the cruise. It is also a decent drive-to port for people in Northern Florida and Georgia.t

Like it?

This is great but the only thing I don't see happening is Conquest in Charleston. Conquest just repo-ed to Lauderdale and I don't think corporate would repo it so soon after it was just moved.

This is great but the only thing I don't see happening is Conquest in Charleston. Conquest just repo-ed to Lauderdale and I don't think corporate would repo it so soon after it was just moved.

Cruise lines sign contracts for occupancy. Not ships, well at least most of the time. Disney Dream and Fantasy are contracted at PC. But That's why Carnival just switched Liberty and Valor, not even giving Liberty a full year in Canaveral. Also why they just switched Paradise and Inspiration.